What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane lose again

It is very tempting to write off the Broncos for season 2001, but semi finals are a whole different ball game. The Broncos, Knights and Roosters are all in poor form heading into the finals but anyone writing any of these sides off might be in for a few surprizes. These are the three most experienced sides in the final eight.

I certainly wouldn't write the off just yetRoopy.
Any side that does maybe in for a nasty surprise. Afterall, they faced a near full strengh Cronulla team today at the Sharks home ground. No easy task that in itself.
I think the Bronco fans should begin to show some concern though. Five losses in a row is very un-Bronco-like, and something even the team wouldn't be use to, let alone the fans.
But like you said, the Semis are a whole new ball game, and no team has performed better in them in the last few years than the Broncos.
Go 'Doggies.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm not so sure. It's hard for teams to back up as defending premiers nowadays. It's almost abnormal for a team to perform well after being in the previous Grand Final..

In Qld we get the weekly roll call of the reasons why the Broncos are getting beat. Injuries being the main excuse. If I read in tomorrow's press that Brisbane lost because Cronulla were near full strength then I will take that as an unconditional surrender.

No. I'm not writing them off. They'll be in the semis and anything can happen from there. However, I think the writing is definitely on the wall.

El Duque

Bench
Aint life grand!!!
Parra are Minor Premiers!
Brisbane lose 5 straight!
Byrd beats the one dimensional Tua!
I am having a you beaut weekend.

Ickis

Juniors
The Broncos will win next weekend - they're facing a completely useless Raiders side that will most likely just curl up and let the Broncos win - which has been the story of the Raiders' season when facing clubs in turmoil.

Well I'll put myself up as the fool and write them off. At the beginning of the year I had a debate with Bronco on their chances and stated then they would not finish in the top 4 and that was before all the injuries. They will make the simis but all this talk that they will suddenly findsome magic formula and perform differently in the semis is in my opinion merely wishfull thinking.

As with a few other teams their problems have been there all year for all to see and they won't suddenly go away. No, they have alreadydied for 2001, we are only waiting for the final burial.

imported____

Juniors
Well Brisbane lose for the sixth time in succession. Also another injury blow with the loss of Carl Webb for the season. What is making them lose? Is it the Hodges affair still haunting them? Bennett needs to restore some confidence in his side even if it means going back on his word. No doubt the Broncos will lift for the semis but is it over already. I am not prepared to write them off but it will take nothing short of a miracle to turn their season around.

Eldorado

Juniors
I agree with Rasputin, they are dead and buried. The Roosters however are entirelya different matter,now thatFreddy is coming back to form they will take out some of the pretenders.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yep. Put me in the club. The Broncos are finished. ... and by that, I don't mean they're Scandanavian.
They'll be knocked out early in the semis.

D

dubby

Read it and weep Ickis!! Completely useless Raiders team hey? EAT MY GREEN SHORTS !!hahahahahahahaha........

Latest posts