What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbanes Title Chances?

kickback

Juniors
Anyone who trys to compare a Brian Smith coached team to a Bennett team must be a few stubbies short, 2001 parra side has nothing on a 2005 Broncos side. I hope we play Parra in the G/F that would make Benny 3 Smith 0 Head to Head in grand finals. But deep down i want to see a north queensland - Brissy G/F, i can just see the sydney media antics, would be funny sh*t.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Eskimo Sharkie said:
Brisbane are definitely the form side at the moment, but I wonder if they have peaked too early. We're still three months out from the Grand Final and a lot can happen in that time. As we all know, it's all about building form going into the semis and keeping that going for the 3-4 matches to win the comp.

This has been one of the most up and down seasons for a long time and nothing is set in concrete. Any one of about 10 sides has a shot and injuries could well be the difference. All I will say is that I've got no idea as this is the worst season I've had with my tipping. Could be a Wests-Tigers v Manly Grand Final the way my tipping has been going.
Thats a fair call about a lot can happen in the time between now and Grand Final night. Injuries,suspensions, couple of refereeing decisions can be the difference between a team, say the Broncos, finishing 1st or 5th such is the closeness of this competition. However, I don't think the Broncos have peaked too early, hell I don't think they have peaked at all just yet, because they keep on finding different ways to win. That is a sign of a very good football team, their ability to change their game plan to suit the type of game they find themselves in.

Every team that has played the Broncos in the last 10 weeks have all had subtlely different game plans to each other. Some of them involved taking the Broncos on in the forwards, while the other (yesterday a case in point) involved the opposition trying to tire the Broncos out with plenty of ball movement. ALL OF THESE TACTICS FAILED. Which is why the Broncos are going to be very very difficult to stop winning this years competition.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I feel that against the Cowboys and to an extent also against the Rabbitohs on the weekend the Eels played a 90's Broncos brand of football. When the Eels do this they are devestating. But too often in the big games they play boring footy because it is safer and so they play into the hands of sides like the Roosters and Dogs.