What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bronchokes

Evil_Mush

Juniors
They came from being shit and made a GF and almost beat the mighty Penrith Panthers.

Choking may not be a fair word.

They should probably be proud.

They were on the wrong end of the biggest margin comeback in a grand final.
If that isn't a choke I don't know what is.

They played hard, but a lot of bad errors on the big stage cost them dearly (11 errors to Panthers 1 in the end).

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Not that it’ll help you, but They’ll be better for the run
I hope so, and I feel the same though.

A lot of our fans are worried about how we struggled after 2015 but I feel that this group is different. They are all really good mates. The vibes were off with our 2015 squad - too many cliques and Milford and Hunt barely spoke to each other outside of training. It seemed that Josh Mcquire was barely liked. The disconnect between the young and old was so clear.

gUt

Coach
I'd say it was mostly Reynolds and I don't have anything against him. That plod run on the last play in Brisbane's 20 + the dropouts. Man is going to have some demons.
To be fair that first short drop out was a beauty but the backs let him down. Maybe they didn't know it was on.

Apey

Staff member
To be fair that first short drop out was a beauty but the backs let him down. Maybe they didn't know it was on.
Yeah that one was fine. It should have been caught, was a horrible bounce. Walsh was also being seen by a trainer near the posts right after the kick which didn't help. But tbh based on his positioning throughout the game he probably wouldn't have been there anyway.

JokerEel

Coach
It wasn't a choke. Now that my heart rate is back to normal I see it went pretty much as planned. A 15 minute Ezra master class just made it interesting. No shame at all in getting beaten by the Panthers machine.

Up 24-8 and losing is a Huuuge Choke

I hope so, and I feel the same though.

A lot of our fans are worried about how we struggled after 2015 but I feel that this group is different. They are all really good mates. The vibes were off with our 2015 squad - too many cliques and Milford and Hunt barely spoke to each other outside of training. It seemed that Josh Mcquire was barely liked. The disconnect between the young and old was so clear.
You were a team of wankers back then, you're a team of wankers now. No difference.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Penrith were always going to come home with a wet sail once they got the wind behind them- it was blowing a gale at that point once it turned and just a matter of exactly when it would happen, and of Brisbane had done enough at that point to stay ahead. TBH I thought 16 would be enough, credit to Cleary and Penrith for reeling it in.

t-ba

Post Whore
Everyone is talking shit about Walsh's performance, but they all forget he was dead on the field in the first half according to Joey.

We hang a lot of shit on Reyno but that man played most of the game on a torn groin according to Joey!