What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos R19 in Brisbane.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
He did get hit on the top of the head, that though was more because of him diving for the line, and on top, I mean literally.

I've queued it if you want to re-watch that one part on this video which is set to start when Mundine get's the ball in the lead up -

Back then, it wouldn't have merited a penalty, and Mundie himself was not blowing up about being hit high.

Anyways.......
Thanks for doing that but it brings back some bad memories for me - he did drop the ball a millisecond after he got hit in the head. By todays interpretations where they call head highs on players who slip or bend down and are even accidently glanced in the head in the process a penalty ensues - on the replay at least - in those days it wasn't noticed and given it was the Storm it wouldn't be noticed today either.

since77

Juniors
Thrashings don’t affect me as much as losing matches on the bell.
Especially matches you do not deserve to lose or lose because of brain farts.
We were so close to this happening against the horse-rooters last week. Had to leave the room for the final 2 minutes.
Also matches won after the bell like the one against the purple cheating scum lickers a few years back when they were allowed to keep playing after full time. So many reasons I have to hate those merkins.

Rod Coil

Juniors
That & the 1984 major semi against Parra are the two greatest disappointments I've ever had in league.

That '84 loss still burns deeply.
F**cking Sgt Bilko Roberts.
100% this.
The hardest loss for me still to this day.
We were heading to the grand final then that try in the corner.
I will never get over it.
After the 1979 premiership we were rubbish from 1980 to 1982. 1983 showed good promise, then 1984 it all clicked, until that fateful day!

gregstar

Referee
Maybe but when your mates are rorters supporters and continue to give you shit it matters
I know the pain of which you speak.
I live in Brizzy and losing back to back against the salary cap-rorting scumbags amongst all their supporters and most of my friends was worse than having your belly stick wrenched along a cheese grater. (To be fair she looked good in leather and I had paid her agency a sh*tload to fly her in from Vietnam)

Inisai Toga

Juniors
100% this.
The hardest loss for me still to this day.
We were heading to the grand final then that try in the corner.
I will never get over it.
After the 1979 premiership we were rubbish from 1980 to 1982. 1983 showed good promise, then 1984 it all clicked, until that fateful day!
Agree, terrible loss in’84. Thought we could beat the Dogs if we won that. I didn’t think we were that bad in ‘80 though. In fact many were tipping us to win after we beat Souths in the semi. Lost Rocket for the Wests game should have got them. Always thought if we won that we could get Canterbury and Easts ….oh well, what if’s….