What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos refer Dolphins to NRL Integrity Unit over contact dispute

Stewbum

Juniors
I'd prefer it if we got rid of a few Sydney clubs.

Dragons and Sharks should be punted so South Sydney Rabbitohs can take over the Southern Sydney region. I'd also punt the Bulldogs and Tigers to create a new team called Western Sydney. Manly should also be punted.

The Sydney clubs generate f**k all revenue from football operations because they have small fanbases and the business community do not see any value in them. It's time to trim the fat.
Four Qld clubs in an elite comp sounds about right to me....(Finally)

But if that's the base there should be 6 from Sydney, add Penrith and Canberra to get 8 NSW (ok yes the ACT exists in theory) franchises.

Melbourne, Auckland makes 14 teams, allowing expansion for two more from other states / NZ /PNG.

Alternately I don't mind a concept like the old Panasonic Pre Season / Early season Cup where unrepresented regions / clubs get a crack at the big shots in a knockout comp. NRL clubs should be forced to send some elite players back to their junior region or clubs during this period. The game should be more inclusive to historic clubs and regions instead of to LGBTblahblahblah.

Four Qld clubs in an elite comp sounds about right to me....(Finally)

But if that's the base there should be 6 from Sydney, add Penrith and Canberra to get 8 NSW (ok yes the ACT exists in theory) franchises.

Melbourne, Auckland makes 14 teams, allowing expansion for two more from other states / NZ /PNG.

Alternately I don't mind a concept like the old Panasonic Pre Season / Early season Cup where unrepresented regions / clubs get a crack at the big shots in a knockout comp. NRL clubs should be forced to send some elite players back to their junior region or clubs during this period. The game should be more inclusive to historic clubs and regions instead of to LGBTblahblahblah.
For Sydney I'd go with the following footprint :

• Sydney Roosters
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs
  • Parramatta Eels
  • Western Sydney Panthers

The other Sydney clubs do not generate enough revenue from football operations to be in the NRL.

On top of this I'd expand Brisbane:

• Brisbane Broncos
  • Brisbane Tigers
  • Moreton Bay Dolphins

Dragons could relocate permanently to Wollongong.

Sea Eagles could relocate permanently to Wellington.

Bulldogs relocate to Christchurch.

Sharks relocate to Adelaide.

Bring in the West Coast Pirates.

Pneuma

First Grade
For Sydney I'd go with the following footprint :

• Sydney Roosters
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs
  • Parramatta Eels
  • Western Sydney Panthers

The other Sydney clubs do not generate enough revenue from football operations to be in the NRL.

On top of this I'd expand Brisbane:

• Brisbane Broncos
  • Brisbane Tigers
  • Moreton Bay Dolphins

Dragons could relocate permanently to Wollongong.

Sea Eagles could relocate permanently to Wellington.

Bulldogs relocate to Christchurch.

Sharks relocate to Adelaide.

Bring in the West Coast Pirates.
In the meantime we could cure all known diseases and end poverty!