What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos to sign Matt Lodge

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Remember that time Australia was invaded by Vikings?.....No?

Remember that time the Raiders clapped themselves to victory?......No?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Lots of Titans wandering around the country-side aren’t there? Maybe we should pack that club up and send it off to Greece?

Knob.
Good one Jase. I'm sorry I didn't mention every shit name in the comp, but this thread is about the 'broncos'.

Knob.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Remember that time Australia was invaded by Vikings?.....No?

Remember that time the Raiders clapped themselves to victory?......No?
The original bronco genius. Again, for those broncos fans with the intelligence of what comes out of Buck's arse - is there an alternate Australian word for a raider? A raider or viking in Australia is called a raider or a viking. In Australia a wild horse is called a brumby. Or even a whaler. Yet the tryhards at Brisbane called their team the broncos.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
The original bronco genius. Again, for those broncos fans with the intelligence of what comes out of Buck's arse - is there an alternate Australian word for a raider? A raider or viking in Australia is called a raider or a viking. In Australia a wild horse is called a brumby. Or even a whaler. Yet the tryhards at Brisbane called their team the broncos.

brisbane bellends sounds better

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

col·o·nise
(kŏl′ə-nīz′)
v. col·o·nised, col·o·nis·ing, col·o·nis·es
v.tr.
1. To form or establish a colony or colonies in.
2. To migrate to and settle in; occupy as a colony.
3. To resettle or confine (persons) in or as if in a colony.
4. To subjugate (a population) to or as if to a colonial government.
v.intr.
1. To form or establish a colony.
2. To settle in a colony or colonies.
col′o·nis′er n.

And yet they called them the Raiders...

I guess it could be forgiven when you consider Canberra's rich Nordic history.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
col·o·nise
(kŏl′ə-nīz′)
v. col·o·nised, col·o·nis·ing, col·o·nis·es
v.tr.
1. To form or establish a colony or colonies in.
2. To migrate to and settle in; occupy as a colony.
3. To resettle or confine (persons) in or as if in a colony.
4. To subjugate (a population) to or as if to a colonial government.
v.intr.
1. To form or establish a colony.
2. To settle in a colony or colonies.
col′o·nis′er n.

And yet they called them the Raiders...

I guess it could be forgiven when you consider Canberra's rich Nordic history.
Lol, another genius. The raiders were called the raiders because they were raiding sydney of the premiership as the first team outside of Sydney.

The broncos were called the broncos because John ribot thought he was cool

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Lol, another genius. The raiders were called the raiders because they were raiding sydney of the premiership as the first team outside of Sydney.

The broncos were called the broncos because John ribot thought he was cool

Canberra should have been called the Bushrangers then. I guess that just doesn't have the same NFL feel as Raiders though does it? Fact is - they could've chosen an Aussie name too, but thought they would be cool.

I couldn't give a rats about names, but the ridiculous amount fail in your argument is worth the laughs alone.

Latest posts