What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos to sign Matt Lodge

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
exactly a slap on the wrist
1.6mill is hardly a slap on the wrist lol

Re: Carney - he had offers from Brisbane and other clubs, Carney decided he didn't want to be on a minimum contract with behavioural clauses. If he had decided he wanted one last crack at the NRL, he probably would've been registered.

bit of a lopsided comparison when one party actively decides they don't want to play NRL, bit hard to be registered there.

geez that would've been some fun on here, lodge and carney signing for brisbane.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
1.6mill is hardly a slap on the wrist lol

Re: Carney - he had offers from Brisbane and other clubs, Carney decided he didn't want to be on a minimum contract with behavioural clauses. If he had decided he wanted one last crack at the NRL, he probably would've been registered.

bit of a lopsided comparison when one party actively decides they don't want to play NRL, bit hard to be registered there.

geez that would've been some fun on here, lodge and carney signing for brisbane.

he owes f**k all until he steps back in the US.

what are they gonna do? extradite him because he missed a garnished wage payment?

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
he owes f**k all until he steps back in the US.

what are they gonna do? extradite him because he missed a garnished wage payment?
I'm not a lawyer but I assume he was unable to meet his repayments then he could be eligible for it?

he can't exactly say f**k it i'm not paying.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
I'm not a lawyer but I assume he was unable to meet his repayments then he could be eligible for it?

he can't exactly say f**k it i'm not paying.

firstly they haven't been able to get approval to garnish lodge's wages as far as i'm aware....

secondly how many people have debts in aus and have f**ked off for no extradition? plenty....unless their name was christopher skase. remember lodge is not a us citizen has no us assets or family, IRS has squat power over him

regardless i'm pretty sure the most any debt can be chased is 7 years, and for lodge's earning capacity you could write 200m it will still mean SFA

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
firstly they haven't been able to get approval to garnish lodge's wages as far as i'm aware....

secondly how many people have debts in aus and have f**ked off for no extradition? plenty....unless their name was christopher skase. remember lodge is not a us citizen has no us assets or family

regardless i'm pretty sure the most any debt can be chased is 7 years, and for lodge's earning capacity you could write 200m it will still mean SFA
like I said I'm not a lawyer, but I would assume this fine is a get out of jail olive branch. Pay the fine and you're right - default on it and your probation is revoked and you'll be sentenced.

I doubt the government is going to stick up for a meathead footy player that created this mess on his own.

secondly how many people have debts in aus and have f**ked off for no extradition? plenty....unless their name was christopher skase. remember lodge is not a us citizen has no us assets or family, IRS has squat power over him

Did he root your mr or something? You seem saltier than the dead sea

Lambretta

First Grade
The fine imposed on Lodge would only apply to money earned in the US
So it was a non fine
US courts do not have jurisdiction to take assets or salaries outside of the US

So effectively it was a slap on the wrist unless all he wants to do is live in the US

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
you're only supporting him because of the club you support. imagine nrl promoting white ribbon round with his flea running around.....

says more about you
I agree he was dealt with lightly but where do you draw the line? Should people convicted of DUI serve a life ban? I mean we let Russell Packer back in the game after he was convicted of stomping on someones head, that's worse than Lodge even though he's a stupid idiot.

Latest posts