What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos v Storm

Storm v Broncos

• Brisbane

Votes: 31 47.0%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 35 53.0%

• Total voters

bula_stormer

Juniors
Repeat of last season. On form Melbourne, Broncos to run out of steam.
Storm by 14. Scotty Hill to carve em up again.

Choppies

Coach
I actually think the Broncos can win this game then crash out week 2 of the semis.
Broncos by 10

JJ

Immortal
Melbourne are a big show here... but I won't discount Brisbane either... on the fence I stay!! The hardest game to pick by a long way, I reckon. They should both be safe though - Cronulla couldn't beat an egg, and despite BK the Eels should dispose of Manly

Mr Saab

Referee
brisb 1-12

differences in team from last yr :

no tupou
no stu kelly
proper halves combo
1st string hooker

JJ

Immortal
Charlie - I think you can pencil in a 2nd wrong though... And even with Bennett as coach, Joey should be captain when available!

Scott

Bench
JJ said:
Charlie - I think you can pencil in a 2nd wrong though... And even with Bennett as coach, Joey should be captain when available!

You just opened up a whole new can...

Scott

Bench
Storm to win this one. They have great defence and i'm not sure the broncos have enough to get past them. I'm thinking a low scoring game too....

renouf

Juniors
Yeah much different side this year.. certainly the form is what it was last year but we've been without players in key positions for the past 6 weeks (hooker and five-eight). I'm expecting a physical contest from Brisbane.. Melbourne will try there best to throw the ball around and frustrate Brisbane causing them to become more aggressive.

Brisbane won't struggle to score points either, like they have in previous seasons.. Barry Berrigan will ensure that Lockyer gets the room he needs to attack.

shadow grinder

First Grade
....if the storm fix their defence for this game im pretty confident they can beat the broncos..we can score heaps of points but we can also let in heaps of points esp out wide.

Dakink

Bench
I actually think Brisbane will get over the Storm. My only concern with so many players coming back from injury is the backend of each half.

Mr Saab

Referee
The Colonel said:
A refreshed Brisbane will run over the top of the Storm..... Brisbane by 14+

i wouldnt go that far, but if it happens i will take it!
And then i will death ride the dragons and eels to lose so the broncos get a
week off (i live in absolute hope for that to happen)

bula_stormer

Juniors
shadow grinder said:
after seeing who the ref is...i dont like our chances :(
Yeah Steve Bloody Clark. Hope no one asks him any questions if they get penalised, especially Kidwell!!

Raiders Plight

Juniors
Statistically the storm are a better attacking and defencive side but don't have the mental toughness. The broncos forwards have to bash them out of the game early. I predict an even low scoring first half with the broncos going on to win it in the 2nd.