What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos vs Warriors LIVE UPDATES *spoilers*

Iafeta

Referee
Well played Broncos. Bashed us up up front, and then the backs were stifled by Ropati.

Hampstead, fair dinkum... Mr Inconsistency. Penalises Michael Luck for a leg hold from a legs tackle, and then I counted 6 instances in the second half which were exactly the same where no action was taken. You've got to be kidding yourself Hampstead.

Iafeta

Referee
Rovelli said:
Dubious call goes against the Warriors.

Ropati didn't lose it!

Broncos with another chance to seal it.

Poor ball control. Correct call.

BTW, where's the Ropo masturbators now? He couldn't catch a cold or make key tackles again today.

Witt's looking good for #6.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Well played Broncos, they really turned it on today and were too good. I'd rate them second favourites for the title after Melbourne right now.
Gotta admit I'd be happy if the double movement rule was scrapped, I agree with the commentator who said that if a player is good enough to get there then he should deserve the try, double movement or no.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
It was knocked out.

But Ropo was farrrking dreadful today. Although even if we had Jesus in the #6 jersey today we would have lost. Broncos are really going well.

renouf

Juniors
Knocked out? he was attempting the tackle.. afew seasons ago yes that would of been stripped, but Carlaw was coming in to tackle the bloke and his hand made contact with the ball.. thats a knock on

i've seen it that many times this season..

salivor

First Grade
SpaceMonkey said:
Gotta admit I'd be happy if the double movement rule was scrapped, I agree with the commentator who said that if a player is good enough to get there then he should deserve the try, double movement or no.

Agreed, got no problems with Tate's no-try decision under the current rules but common sense says that he was good enough to get his head and shoulders over the line and ground the ball without even having to extend his arm.

Iafeta

Referee
IanRitchie said:
It was knocked out.

But Ropo was farrrking dreadful today. Although even if we had Jesus in the #6 jersey today we would have lost. Broncos are really going well.

Mate, honestly, love the enthusiasm and the parochial support, but if that was knocked out suggesting its Warriors ball you're kidding yourself. The bloke had no control on it whatsoever, the defender came over the top and Ropo's poor handle on the ball was exposed. As it was in the first Broncos/Warriors game of the season, and a few other times this year.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Iafeta said:
Mate, honestly, love the enthusiasm and the parochial support, but if that was knocked out suggesting its Warriors ball you're kidding yourself. The bloke had no control on it whatsoever, the defender came over the top and Ropo's poor handle on the ball was exposed. As it was in the first Broncos/Warriors game of the season, and a few other times this year.

I should rephrase. I thought it was knocked out. I looked up at the TV screen and saw a big hand hitting the ball out of his hand.

Iafeta

Referee
SpaceMonkey said:
Well played Broncos, they really turned it on today and were too good. I'd rate them second favourites for the title after Melbourne right now.

That'd open up a massive can of worms; IE when's a tackle a tackle?

It's already contencious. Doing that would make it nigh on impossible to get a consistent ruling.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I don't know why we're arguing that anyway.

We got done by 24, that six hardly changed the game.

JW

Coach
Congrats to the Warriors for finishing the season in such a positive fashion, despite the scoreline in today's match.

The players could quite easily have thrown the towel in from the word go this year for obvious reasons, but they've shown some promise in finishing where they did under the circumstances and considering how they started the season.

Better luck for '07.

scottyeel

Bench
Broncos last 3 games
Broncos 89
Opposition 12
They've really hit some awesome form at the right time of year, gunna be very hard for any team to stop.

Iafeta

Referee
JW, the one pleasing thing was to see them rushing to scrums, kicking out for repeat sets from kick offs at the end. Even though momentum suggested it'd result in more tries being put on them, they wanted to not let the season slip without an effort.

The thing is, the Broncos are many leagues ahead of us on today's performance (not a bad reflection on the Warriors, just a hell of a wrap on the Broncos). The Broncos will go a long way, if not win the comp. I'll put $5 on them and the Storm, I can't see many if any others disputing their places on the 2006 throne, one way or the other.

Congratulations on it, and good luck for the semis. May be the best team, which is either yourselves or Melbourne in my eyes, win.