What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bronson Harrison

MacDougall

First Grade
What a game. Looks to have found his comfort zone down there in the capital. Made some of our boys look ordinary on a few occasions. Good game Bronson! :)

Ya gotta wonder if the bloke was under instructions with Sheens. Totally different player tonight, offloads galore, always looked dangerous, had a good game.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Ya gotta wonder if the bloke was under instructions with Sheens. Totally different player tonight, offloads galore, always looked dangerous, had a good game.

Yeah Sheen's instructions would of been i'll play you out of position and your job is to hold on to the ball. :crazy:

Alot of people could see that Bronson is a wide running second rower and he is proving it with his performances for NZ and Canberra.

super_coach

First Grade
Taps had a great game for most parts, was used as a wide running no12, everyone who follows football knows this is his go ( except teflon).

He does have some problems in defense and that also was shown up tonight, but he will cause plenty of problems on the right edges and thats what the raiders are paying him to do

westie

Bench
Same old stuff from him in defence. How did he compare with with his replacement?

That's a bit like asking how Kimmorley compares to Johns. Ellis is quite possibly the most able 2nd rower in the world. No shame not being up there at the top level yet.

Bronson played very well, probably had more offloads than we did put together and walked through our defense to set up the try of the night.

gallagher

Juniors
That's a bit like asking how Kimmorley compares to Johns. Ellis is quite possibly the most able 2nd rower in the world. No shame not being up there at the top level yet.

Bronson played very well, probably had more offloads than we did put together and walked through our defense to set up the try of the night.

Thats my point. Some are gonna whinge everytime Harrison has a good game about us letting him go, but if we had to get rid of him to get Ellis then who cares.
Harrison was always gonna have a good game against us. Doing it when the people who let you go arnt watching is the test.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Thats my point. Some are gonna whinge everytime Harrison has a good game about us letting him go, but if we had to get rid of him to get Ellis then who cares.
Harrison was always gonna have a good game against us. Doing it when the people who let you go arnt watching is the test.

bs.

There is no reason why Tigers couldnt of kept Harrison and Ellis and Heighno - which probably would be up there with nrl best backrow.

Harrison wasnt playing good just because he was playing against tigers. he played good against England and Aussie.

They actually allow him to play a role in the team - he runs good lines on and off the ball.

As for his defence he was playing really tight on defense so had to cover alot of ground - is monoghan, carney, and their halfback who cant tackle.

Came up with some pretty good tackles.

If they won - he what of got player of the day.

Also he played 80 mins.

He will also rip Tim Sheens to shreds comes Anzac test - I forgot Kangaroos got the muppet to coach Aussie.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Same old stuff from him in defence. How did he compare with with his replacement?

how does he compare to payne, galea, trimarchi??

Ellis is a good player not doubting it all - always thought so. A complete player.

Harrison 24 and not far behind at all. He will play Kiwis again and not just because of injuries.

If we didn't have Payne, Gibbs and Halatau, instead keeping Harrison and Fulton, we'd have a great forward pack, up there with even the best in the league I'd be willing to say.

8. Payten
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Ellis
12. Heighnington
13. Fulton

14. Laurie
15. Trimachi
16. Harrison
17. Galea

chunk

Juniors
Harrison let us down big time.

He showed potential but never really delivered, he was given plenty of chances and lots of resources were put into to him.

Too many mistakes, missed tackles, penalties and lack of penetration.

The past three years Halatua has had it all over him.

Harrison may improve but how long did we have to wait.

gallagher

Juniors
bs.

There is no reason why Tigers couldnt of kept Harrison and Ellis and Heighno - which probably would be up there with nrl best backrow.

Harrison wasnt playing good just because he was playing against tigers. he played good against England and Aussie.

They actually allow him to play a role in the team - he runs good lines on and off the ball.

As for his defence he was playing really tight on defense so had to cover alot of ground - is monoghan, carney, and their halfback who cant tackle.

Came up with some pretty good tackles.

If they won - he what of got player of the day.

Also he played 80 mins.

He will also rip Tim Sheens to shreds comes Anzac test - I forgot Kangaroos got the muppet to coach Aussie.

He may have got mom against us if they had of won. If he didnt make his usual half hearted attempt of a tackle on Tuiki they probably WOULD have won.
I guess we'll se how he's going half way through the season.

gallagher

Juniors
how does he compare to payne, galea, trimarchi??

Ellis is a good player not doubting it all - always thought so. A complete player.

Harrison 24 and not far behind at all. He will play Kiwis again and not just because of injuries.
How does Harrison compare with those three? I put Payne and Galea in the same basket as Harrison. Fulton aswell. All been in first grade long enough to improve their game and become a dominate forward.All have failed.
Not sure on Trimarchi, he hasnt has enough NRL games for me to have a real opinion of.

shiznit

Coach
How does Harrison compare with those three? I put Payne and Galea in the same basket as Harrison. Fulton aswell. All been in first grade long enough to improve their game and become a dominate forward.All have failed.
Not sure on Trimarchi, he hasnt has enough NRL games for me to have a real opinion of.
:lol: what a gee up... you comparing those nuffies with Harrison.

just bloody admit it... you guys f**ked up when you let him go...

it became bloody obvious when he out played Gareth Ellis 2 weeks in a row in the world cup.

then he backed it up by doing the same to Glenn Stewart & Anthony Laffranchi in the final.

still don't believe me... ask Wayne Bennett...

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/new...rison-slip-away/2009/03/14/1236919630661.html

Bennett rues letting Harrison slip away

It's not often that Wayne Bennett admits he got it wrong. But that was certainly the case with Bronson Harrison.

About the time Bennett signed on to coach the Dragons, Bronson's manager, Sam Ayoub, shopped the Tigers back-rower to several clubs. Bennett was given the opportunity to snap up the 23-year-old but passed. The Kiwi international subsequently signed with the Raiders.

About three days after New Zealand won the World Cup, Ayoub got a call from Bennett. "His exact words to me were: 'Sam, I should have taken your tip on young Bronson Harrison,"' Ayoub recalled.

"Wayne worked closely with Bronson during the Kiwis' campaign and he said he didn't realise what a good player and good kid he proved to be.

"It's not often a coach will go to the trouble of doing that after passing on a player. It was a nice gesture from someone of his stature."

Harrison said Bennett's words had given him plenty of confidence as he prepared to face his former club at Campbelltown Sports Stadium tomorrow night. "It's a great compliment coming from Wayne, he's a great coach," Harrison said.

Wests Tigers captain Robbie Farah said it would be "weird" to play against Harrison after the pair played almost all their junior football together.

"It's going to be interesting, I've played with Bronson since I was 14 or 15," Farah said. "It's going to be weird playing against him this week. I'm sure there will be a few jibes out there - hopefully [Harrison and former Tigers hooker Stuart Flanagan] won't let out too many secrets from over here."

gallagher

Juniors
:lol: what a gee up... you comparing those nuffies with Harrison.

just bloody admit it... you guys f**ked up when you let him go...

it became bloody obvious when he out played Gareth Ellis 2 weeks in a row in the world cup.

then he backed it up by doing the same to Glenn Stewart & Anthony Laffranchi in the final.

still don't believe me... ask Wayne Bennett...
Ask wayne bennett? Maybe i will, but there's no qute from Bennett in that article just Harrison's manager. Now there's something new, a players manager talking his client up. Big reference that is.

shiznit

Coach
Ask wayne bennett? Maybe i will, but there's no qute from Bennett in that article just Harrison's manager. Now there's something new, a players manager talking his client up. Big reference that is.
so your saying his manager is lying???