What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bronx Goodwin / Beale

drpeterb

Juniors
I feel so much sympathy for Bronx.

This year was his year. He is one of the fittest players at the club during the off season.
I know pricey had him training at fullback during the off season. Beale was running at 5/8 during some ball work.
I dont think Beale is a natural fullback. I like him with the ball in his hands more often
I think this would of been a great line up.

Sowie would be on one side at 7 Beale on the other side at 6.
King would be at 9. Rein would be at lock. Rein could go to dummy half when they are attacking the line.

Drinkwater needs a year at the cutters. Hope pricey doesnt blood him too early. Fien , although i admire the bloke, may find it tough at 7

Bronx wish you a speedy recovery, hope you come back earlier and get a contract extension.

Country Dragon

Juniors
Another horror start to a season for Bronx, all we can do is hope for a speedy recovery for his sake especially!

Johnny-b-Goode

Juniors
King is much better closer to the line.... Beale was always first choice at 1.. Drinkwater is ready for the nrl! He is big and strong and promises to deliver the goods!

Fire

First Grade
Shit news. This guy can't catch a break.

I was hoping Price would play him at fullback if Beale was no good there.

Two backs sitting on the sideline before round one :lol:

b4l

Juniors
Beale did play a bit of 6 in his schoolboys days. He wasn't anything special though. Looked too stiff.

Breathingfire

Juniors
Rein is not athletic enough to go from decent first grader to superstar. King on the other hand has that athletic ability. He has a beautiful crisp pass left and right, not to mention plenty of size and zip out of dummy half. Let's hope he can put it all together this year.

Fire

First Grade
Beale did play a bit of 6 in his schoolboys days. He wasn't anything special though. Looked too stiff.

b4l, I'm not being a smart arse, but could you please elaborate on your knowledge of Beale.

I've placed a lot of stock in this kid, but any info you could give would make the season more interesting for me as I'll be watching him closely.

Cheers.

Funny how people rave on about a guy who hasn't been able to string more than 2 games together didn't in the under 20's and unless you went and watched the NSW Cup he didn't string alot together either.

Rein got the jump and has done well this superstar stuff makes me laugh its not about being a superstar at this stage its about contributing and that is what Rein does and king will hopefully do also.

King has talent yet like Stanley is injury prone if he can get over this then he has a chance but to go out and make bold claims that he's going to be this or that is a bit premature.

gorilla

First Grade
Funny how people rave on about a guy who hasn't been able to string more than 2 games together didn't in the under 20's and unless you went and watched the NSW Cup he didn't string alot together either.

Rein got the jump and has done well this superstar stuff makes me laugh its not about being a superstar at this stage its about contributing and that is what Rein does and king will hopefully do also.

King has talent yet like Stanley is injury prone if he can get over this then he has a chance but to go out and make bold claims that he's going to be this or that is a bit premature.

Not to doubt the 'injury prone' description, but apart from the pectoral muscle injury what injuries (significant) has King experienced in, say the last three years ?

KiamaSaint

Coach
Not to doubt the 'injury prone' description, but apart from the pectoral muscle injury what injuries (significant) has King experienced in, say the last three years ?

I was thinking the same. He broke his thumb as well but you would have to argue he is unlucky rather than injury prone.

watatank

Coach
He missed most of 2010, can't remember why though only that Rein played most of the year at hooker in NYC (won team player of the year), that he came back late and played back row before debuting for us in first grade against Souffs.

He missed most of 2011 due to the pec injury, obviously.

Not sure about 2012, apart from the broken thumb

tumbidragon

First Grade
St George Illawarra Dragons utility Bronx Goodwin has sustained a torn pectoral muscle and is expected to be sidelined for four months.
Goodwin previously underwent scans having suffered the ailment during the Red-and-Whites 28-22 trial defeat to the North Queensland Cowboys at Barlow Park, Cairns on Saturday.
The utility had only been on the field for a matter of minutes during the second quarter when he indicated he had sustained the injury with coaching staff quickly replacing him with Adam Quinlan on the wing.
""It has been confirmed that Bronx Goodwin has torn his pectoral muscle in the Dragons trial against the Cowboys on the weekend," said Dragons Performance Director Andrew Gray.
"Bronx will undergo surgical repair of the torn muscle on Tuesday and commence his rehabilitation program.
"We expect that the injury will keep Bronx off the field for a four month period which is very disappointing for Bronx as he had a great pre-season.
"He is a very determined athlete so I'm sure he'll focus all his energy on rehabilitating himself so that he can resume playing with the Dragons as soon as possible"

http://www.dragons.com.au/news-display/Dragons-Injury-Update/68571

Latest posts