What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brook/Phil

incomparable

Juniors
Balmain Tigers 38 (A Henderson 2, S Greally, M Pethybridge, D Mann, L Rielly, J Lima tries B Carney 5 goals) defeated North Sydney Bears 16 (M Chan, T Casey, P Williamson tries S McLean 2 goals)

Tigerpete

Juniors
I was really impressed by Henderson, Greally and Harrison on saturday, they all were awesome :!: :!: :!:

brook

First Grade
I agree

Greally was safe as houses at the back and that try he scored where bronson carried 3 guys before offloading was beautiful :)

once again though it was our forwards that won the game - that has to be the best pack in the PL, absolutely awesome!!

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Flegg and Mathews lost on the weekend with PL and Ball getting up

Azzi really is impressing off the bench and is starting to look like he is going to be a super sub for the side (no joke he makes 2-3 breaks everytime he plays)

Henderson was great didn't hog the ball this round and showed us he can run in holes and he can use the backline something which he didn't do last week and with the injury suffered to Brown he slotted into Hooker as well

Bronson was Bronson

Greally was Greally

Lima was abit sloppy at stages but hey he managed to hold onto the ball and score a try

Pethybridge went missing a few times trying to go for the big hit when it just wasn't on

Small again was Small

Simpkins was great and really did show some positive signs as well which I'm sure the Wests Tigers would be watching

Carney should get a special mention just for Ric as he kicked some goals but missed 2 from beside the sticks

I think that sums up most of the players for the day - we only played for about 40mins but when we did as per usual we looked on fire and league leaders (which they are :D )

This week will be a big test against a magpies side who appear to be under performing and playing really scrappy footy :?

meltiger

First Grade
Doesn't matter how crap they are playing you know they will fire up against Balmain in all grades ...

Did Flegg lose to North Sydney?!

brook

First Grade
yeah they did

In their defence they were missing some key players (Luke Thompson and Waihape didn't play, Todd Barrow our goal kicker is MIA, Franco is still injured, Mick Harper went off early with a neck injury and most of our matchwinners are in PL) but its still no excuse really.

They have the basis of a good side even without Bronson, Greally, Farah etc but we are lacking a really dynamic player who can turn a match - Nash tried his best but was heavily marked (and was playing centres with a winger outside him who managed to bomb at least 3 trys) we really need our injured players back on deck and one of Nowland, Braumann or kmet to step up and take control of the team - all of those three are capable of brilliance on their day but all have been very inconsistant so far

If that doesn't happen we may have to resort to promoting someone from sg ball but I don't wanna do that till their season is over cause they are undefeated so far and I see no reason to ruin their chances just to boost a struggling flegg

meltiger

First Grade
No I agree, if PL keep winning and Ball keep winning, there is no reason to prop up the Flegg side.

Still, losing to North Sydney is extremely dissapointing. Especially from a team that beat Cronulla!! :(

brook

First Grade
yeah it wasn't their best effort thats for sure!

There were good signs though that they should be able to bounce back - we were without 2 of our 3 most potent forwards (brock hunter is very good but can't do it all by himself) if we get at least one of thompson or harper back it should help a lot

Nash was devestating, truely norths didn't know what to do with him, after he moved to the centres - he would have set up at least 3 trys that I counted if Chapman on the wing hadn't blown it (he has a nasty habit of running about a milimetre off the sideline even when he doesn't have to and kept going into touch :evil:) If Barrow is back any time soon we can look forward to not only a winger who wont bomb trys but also a quality goal kicker.

Jamie Grant should be back next week and he is another player that seems capable of making a real impact - if we also get waihape back and get some decent service out of dummy half I can see a very different team.

Also both Nowland AND Braumann were having off days in the halves - both are unpredictable but I've got my fingers crossed that we'll be able to keep at least one of the two firing for the rest of the year.

Its a full season this year too so individual games aren't as critical if we can turn it around - Ball only goes for 10 weeks + finals and are up to week 5 this weekend so we can look forward to some of those kids moving up once the comp finishes...there are at least 3 there who should be capable of it in pangai, caldwell and cameron. Pangai and caldwell are genuine matchwinners while Cameron is HUGE and should beef up our forwards with real impact off the bench.

We started terribly last year too remember so with a bit of luck they'll be able to create a similar turn-around, starting with this week against wests.

meltiger

First Grade
Where was it babe, NSO or Leichhardt?????

& it's good that there are some good signs, they must have at least some talent running around to have knocked off the Shire scummers so hopefully they can turn it around.

This week would be a good start in the big Tiger V Magpie w/e (Balmain V Wastes and Richmond V Collingwood) :)

Although on past form, Richmond will get spanked on Friday and Wests will fire up for one of their best games of the season :( lol

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah i thought the fleeg boys really struggled to work up anything against the bears, I know they had a few missing but still they were pretty ordinary, an off day is all i hope it was.

oro

Juniors
I read your comments about PL with interest. While I agree all the players you mentioned had great games, did anyone notice Bryan Dickson with his defence and the way he put it to the Norths forwards? I never cease to be amazed at the consistency with which he hits in defence and his ability to take the player ball and all by himself.

oro

Juniors
Tigers in SG Ball defeated the Knights in the last 2 minutes. Caldwell through a great pass to Wara who put a good step on his opponent, drew the fullback and passed to Caldwell to score. A move very well carried out especially when you consider many NRL stars in the same position as Wara may have attempted to score themselves.

The Knights are always strong so this must be considered a good win; if you viewed the reaction of the Balmain players it really must have been. Wara, Caldwell and Pangai were the stars, with Wara featuring as a "Star of the Future" in Sydney League Magazine.

I was disappointed Luke Thompson didn't play in Flegg!

brook

First Grade
oro said:
Tigers in SG Ball defeated the Knights in the last 2 minutes. Caldwell through a great pass to Wara who put a good step on his opponent, drew the fullback and passed to Caldwell to score. A move very well carried out especially when you consider many NRL stars in the same position as Wara may have attempted to score themselves.

The Knights are always strong so this must be considered a good win; if you viewed the reaction of the Balmain players it really must have been. Wara, Caldwell and Pangai were the stars, with Wara featuring as a "Star of the Future" in Sydney League Magazine.

I was disappointed Luke Thompson didn't play in Flegg!

I did notice Dickson against the bears and as you say he was fantastic. I admit with Bryan its much like Buckets (who I adore), I'll see what they do during the game and even comment on it and yet when I'm writing up a report at the end it slips my mind...he's just so dependable its almost expected.

Great stuff for Ball - they have some fantastic players in that team, I think last year they suffered because most were younger and less experienced than their opposition but this year it looks like they are really showing what they are capable of.

Happy to see who went well - Wara and Pangai have always been two of my favs from that team (along with ewan cameron) and everyone knows what Caldwell is capable of.

Hopefully thomo will be back this week against wests cause we missed him a lot!

Latest posts