What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brookvale Oval

CHRIS SANDOW

Juniors
Any updates on the proposed redevelopment?? Seriously I would be surprised to see anything done before 2011 or whenever our state government gets thrown out. They've already got over 10 million in funding havent they, surely the government can come up with the 10 million extra or whatever it is??

Sea eagles fans fill me in, those private owners have already shelled out enough dosh and are redeveloping the leagues club. Those private owners of the penn family and delmege have been a godsend, they shouldnt have to fork out more cash to redevelop the oval?:crazy::crazy:

MsStorm

Bench
NO leave it alone. Don't need any more Manly supporters getting into the ground:thumb(lol)

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
I would have thought it needed a heck of a lot more than $10mill to get it up to a modern stadia standard?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Was it state or fed govt that promised the funding?

willvillain

Juniors
I would have thought it needed a heck of a lot more than $10mill to get it up to a modern stadia standard?

Indeed. To get Brookie up to scratch would cost far more than the 10 or 20 million that have been suggested. Going by the money that has been pumped into Penrith and Newcastle in the past 5 years, 80 million would be a more realistic minimum target (from memory EnergyAustralia stadium has had in excess of 100m in funding over the past 5 years or so).

10 million will simply fix up (note, not rebuild or anything that drastic) one of the stands (most likely the newly named Menzies/Fulton stand) so that it doesn't breach any fire/safety laws etc.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Bloody sh*thole. Worst place to watch football.

Interesting.

In the famous criteria of 1999, one key element was a decent football ground. Manly had no money, terrible crowds - and an absolute sh*thole of a ground.

So, why were they not rated last and kicked out of the comp?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They were forced to merge with the Bears, and ultimately gobbled them up.

Garts

Bench
$10 million is just a bandaid solution.

EAS originally received $40 million. I know they subsequently received more, however I am not sure of the amount. Brookie would need $40 million to get the facilities up to a decent standard.

10 million gets you pretty much

new 1 level end stand housing a thousand odd seats. under a roof. with toilets, bar etc.
a new scoreboard in a fixed frame.
2 X LED scoreboards
out side landscaping etc.

thats what the sharks got

Frederick

Staff member
$10 million is just a bandaid solution.

EAS originally received $40 million. I know they subsequently received more, however I am not sure of the amount. Brookie would need $40 million to get the facilities up to a decent standard.
All up EAS has probably received about $120 million for the redevelopment of both Eastern and Western, as well as general upgrades to Northern and Southern, new lighting etc

chileman

Coach
Interesting.

In the famous criteria of 1999, one key element was a decent football ground. Manly had no money, terrible crowds - and an absolute sh*thole of a ground.

Jealousy is a curse amigo :roll:

Interesting.

Manly was granted continuation in the NRL with one single and pure intention. To forevermore sh!t you up the wall.

Working a treat i see :cool:

Brycey

Juniors
I saw those blokes there at the Semi final v the Dragons and they were wearing dragons colors :sarcasm:
they cant afford washing powder so they bleached their jerseys...the red is just blood from the pre-game pub brawl.

Latest posts