What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brothers Rugby League Club

Brissy Bulldog

Juniors
That book was great. I have a copy of it somewhere.

Although I hated Brothers (my dad played 1st grade for them before switching to the Devils), my local is now the Crushers Leagues Club and I must admit to having a few goldies down there and thinking back to the glory days. A Devils v Brothers clash at Corbett Park was always a highlight.

BrothersNRL

Juniors
Old thread, but needed to reply.

In 1929 two Brothers league teams played. The original incarnation was Christian Brothers Old Boys / Merthyrs. This is the club that exists today as Brothers Rugby Club. The other was Past Brothers. Past Brothers is the club that most league fans mean when they talk about Brothers. They formed in 1929 whilst the Christian Brothers Old Boys played in the BRL in that same year. So two "Brothers" teams played in Brisbane rugby league that year. This was the last year in Rugby League for "CBOBs" as they returned to rugby the following season. Past Brothers jumped into the QRL for 1930.

I dispute and update as follows ....

1917 - grand finalist (as Merthyrs)
1918 - grand finalist (as Merthyrs)
1919 - semi finalist
1920 - grand finalist
1921 - 5th
1922 - 6th
1923 - semi-finalist

1925 - semi-finalist

1929 - 6th
1930 - did not play in BRL .... played in rebel QRL comp only

1932 - 7th

1947 - 6th

1983 - 6th
1984 - 5th
1985 - Finalist
1986 - grand finalist
1987 - Premiers
1988 - 5th
1989 - 9th
1990 - 6th
1991 - 8th
1992 - 7th
1993 - 9th
1994 - 8th
1995 - finalist
1996 - 7th
1997 - 12th
1998 - semi-finalist

BTW, Eric Hogan is still alive and living in Brisbane :oops:

BradFittler

Juniors
Brothers Stafford team head coach John Weinet seems to have a few boys in the work with the broncos might be the best team we have see from brothers Stafford ever, Under 17. captain seem to be John Steinmetz from Padua Collage

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Yep, as well as Mud we had oxenham, Up The Mighty Phins (aka Dolphin Matt), Sgt Schultz and Sydney Carton (aka many other Dickens characters).

The Partisan

Yeah you have to wonder where they all got to ....... (Mud being the obvious exception).

Just not their interest any more or other circumstances I suppose.

Latest posts