What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brothers/Valley Are In for It

Harko's Mate

Juniors
While I'm pinching a smoko i may as well put my two bobs worth in about the Comets match this sunday in Brisbane against Brothers/Valley.

What a dogs breakfast that lot are. all this who har about getting back into the comp and then they fall apart like a bunch of pea ants. Weak as water fellas.

we have been struggling up here for quite a few years but our performances have never been as bad as you lot. This weekend is the easiest two points will earn until we have to play you guys up here later in the year. Actually save the air fares and just give us the points with a 60 point margin. i reckon that is being kind to your for and against.

Us by 68 on Sunday and you guys should take your club name from the AFL team that wear blue and white stripes - the Cats

Big Tommy

Juniors
Geez mate - you've been on the forum for two minutes and you are already throwing tripe at a club!

As for the knocking Brothers Valleys - take a number and join the queue. You'll be among a long line of people eating your words at the end of the day.

PS You're a clown!

crocodileman

Juniors
I'd have to agree with you Mate'

There would be a lot of old Brothers and Valleys players turning in their graves about the performances this lot have been putting in this year. Whatever happened to that famous Diehard spirit that opposition teams feared, knowing they'd never beaten Valleys until the hooter went. Or what about that Brother't teams of the early 80's whose catchcry was "Defence, Defence, Defence, and attack will take care of itself." Or the Brothers team of 1987 that scored record numbers of tries! Well guys, guess what? It's not working!! For defence to work, ya gotta tackle. And to score a try, ya gotta do more than just run from dummy half.

Clearly, the problems start at the top and eat away like a cancer. O'Brien is clearly a joke - no vision, no game plan, no idea. As Schultz would say -"What is this man doing here??" And how old is that loser McGuire - 43? He's not a hasbeen, he's a 'neverwasbeen'. The whole bloody mob couldn't organise a stone fight in a gravel pit. I hope the Comets give em a good old fashined touch up - beat em in the fights AND on the scoreboard.

Tigertread

Juniors
crocodileman said:
Whatever happened to that famous Diehard spirit that opposition teams feared, knowing they'd never beaten Valleys until the hooter went.
Too many fisheaters involved with the Diehard spirit.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
crocodileman said:
Or what about that Brother't teams of the early 80's whose catchcry was ......................... ya gotta tackle. And to score a try, ya gotta do more than just run from dummy half.

............... I hope the Comets give em a good old fashined touch up - beat em in the fights AND on the scoreboard.

Brother't ???
ya ???
fashined ???

Was someone bagging Dizi about spelling on another thread ? ;-)

Big Tommy

Juniors
Croc man - you are losing me.

Gary O'Brien is one of the best coaches in the competition and a nice bloke to boot!

Scott Maguire does not have anything to prove to anyone. He has proven over a fairly lengthy period of time that he is a class player.

wally

Juniors
How is Darren Crilly going i see he is front row this week he wont like that :lol: :lol:

Kicking Tee

Juniors
I didn't know the world was so full of professionals who can do a job so much better than others. Gary O'Brien is one of the most professional coaches around and a damn good bloke. I do recall Coach of the Year somewhere on his resume. Let me just touch on a few things. Brothers Valleys do have a spirit and alot of good people who care passionately about our club. Let's get over the past that's the problem with all of these people who stand back and point the finger. No offence to either Brothers or Valleys but they don't exist anymore. Brothers Valleys is a new club who is trying to develop. If some stand byers did chip in and help we might have a better chance to develop quicker. The budget they have for players in sinful but unfortunately until they become stronger and gain more financial support along with securing some major sponsors this will be the case. None of these players ask to get flogged week in week out. They got told in November they were in the competition, I can assure you not many players are prepared to stand around until then and wait. As for Scott Maguire he would have more character and courage in his little finger than you would have in your whole body. I am only presuming how nasty you are by your scathing and uncalled for attack on my Club. Whether we win or lose against your oh so mighty club today I can assure you our boys will give what they can. Then again you don't need me to explain anything you obviously know all the answers, a pitty you live up there as there is a real shortage of narrow minded people in Brisbane. :twisted:

mud n blood

Juniors
Mr Tee - you're biting .... hard ! #-o You know as well as other informed sources here of the trials and tribulations of the Blues. You know what's funny though - Central are probably bigger underachievers than Easts if you get right down to it. Even Brothers have a better record than them ....

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Anyone who sits back and considers what B-V faced trying to turn an A Grade standard team into a Queensland Cup standard team between November and February would see that their results this year haven't been any worse than could be expected.

Turn your attentions to those clubs who have had plenty of opportunity to be competitive or better over the years and haven't made it. Central is certainly one example and I would have put Wynnum in that category until the last two years. Even now, the overall records of Easts and Wynnum aren't great given their infrastructures appear better than most.

If B-V are still cellar-dwellers in five years time, they might warrant some criticism but give them a break for the moment.

oxenham

Juniors
Mr T we all understand BVs position as we do Wests....however I can assure you plenty of narrow minded people exist in Brisbane :shock:

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Central looked "in for it" with ten minutes left. Had the B-V winger not dropped an intercept, it may have been all over for the Comets. They survived and managed to come up with a win.

crocodileman

Juniors
Gee Kicking Tee, you nearly had me crying as a read your defence of BV? How did you get the violins to play in the background? Impressive stuff! Answer me this Tee, if both Brothers and Valleys are dead, and this is a "new" club, how can you then ask Brothers or Valleys supporters to "chip in and help." Why should we - it's not our club is it? Would you chip in and help a company who was about to go down the drain with your own hard earned? I think not!!

Remember Tee, you were the one's who applied for admission for the Qld Cup - no-one forced your arm. So put up with it like a man. Enough of the bleeding heart stuff!!

Mud - you've got a nerve. disappear for a week, come back with a moustache that makes Saddam Hussein's look like bum fluff and then call Easts underachievers!!! Clearly, your trip to Iraq did nothing for your sense of justice and democracy!

Big Tommy, you'd be pleased to know that Darwin Brothers scored a late try to defeat University up here in the Top End last weekend (19/4) opening round at Richardson Park. If you like I can make representation for your mob to have an end of season trip up here - a bit of team bonding won't hurt them - problem is who'll pay - the poor bugers get paid $20 a game.

By the way Oxenham - I thought club loyalty was all about being narrow minded and one-eyed. If you took all the narrow minded people out of rugby league in Qld there'd be no-one left.

oxenham

Juniors
Croc
You misundrestand me....I am narrow minded and live up North :D
MrT
The bit about having no past and only a future is fine.....but call yourselves Windsor Zillmere,that is more appropriate with your line of logic......Croc in his way is pointing you in that direction.....a tip... get out of Callaghan and find a League field....ask xxxx about Kitchener when Wynum played there....hopeless....and yes I have plenty of Valleys mates who have told me about Callaghan.
Tommy
Several times we have discussed Brothers and Valleys and you have indicated Brothers were the senior partner and now...... we are the Diehards. :?:Good luck to you blokes and I hope you succeed,but you can't have blokes saying there is no past only a future....and call yourselves BV.The past is the key to your future.

mud n blood

Juniors
Oxenham - Kitchener was fine, thats where the juniors are and the seniors were from 1951 to 1967. I think you mean Kianawah Road when they were at the Vikings aussie rules club - yes ?

I'll make a tip that the club may end up elsewhere .... :clap:

oxenham

Juniors
Mud
Thanks, thats what I meant....I saw a couple of games at the Aussie Rules field and it was not great.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Didn't get to that many games when Wynnum played at Kianawah but it sprung to mind when I went to O'Callaghan on Sunday for the last bit of the B-V match.

At both grounds, the game seemed distant - a bit like watching it on TV. The crowd aren't part of the action, there wasn't much atmosphere and not just because of the small crowd.

It's tough for teams in the position of B-V (similar to Wynnum in '91) - you've just got to take what you can get, but a "close up and personal" ground would encourage people to keep coming.

As I said before, the main drawback of O'Callaghan Park is that it is an AFL ground. We know what oval grounds are like (eg ANZ Stadium, North Ipswich Reserve) when watching League matches.

Anyway, I'm led to believe that B-V may get a rectangular ground built purposely for them in the area sometime in the future.

Latest posts