What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brownie

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Going back to Brown would be like going back with your ex who made your life miserable because you can’t find anyone new but you’re all like...hey...at least I was having sex every now and then....even though the sex was very average.
Having Mary as coach is like finding out your missus is actually a ladyboy who smashes you from behind every weekend and causes you endless pain but you stay with her because she’s a good bloke and you don’t want split the house.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Having Mary as coach is like finding out your missus is actually a ladyboy who smashes you from behind every weekend and causes you endless pain but you stay with her because she’s a good bloke and you don’t want split the house.
:joy::joy::joy:

f**king spot on! You can’t afford to get rid of her because she’ll take half your stuff. Meanwhile all your mates are laughing at your poor life choices and they’re cheering that she’s not their Mrs. But after you break up with her, you’re sure to make the same poor choice again in the future.

Last edited:

RedVDragon

Juniors
What is your basis that brownie is not a head coach??
Past results. He is too much of a mate he doesn’t not command the respect of the dressing room. Facts are he lost the playing group at the knights. However his is a very good mentor and one that can unearth and develop talent. He has a very good skill at this. He could be the next Max Ninnes or a Ron Massey.

MKCS

Juniors
Luckily for St George there are a fair few good coaches running around out there right now.

Craig Fitzgibbon - Learning under Trent Robinson who is obviously one of the best coaches in the league second only to Bellamy. As someone else pointed out he's apparently the man responsible for the defensive efforts of the Roosters.

Geoff Toovey - 58% winning record in the NRL, was the coach of Manly when they were still successful. Coached them to a grand final and multiple finals series. Most importantly is passionate about what he does and certainly wouldn't accept his players playing like they did today.

Jason Ryles - Untested at NRL level but a good old boy for the Dragons who has been learning under Craig Bellamy for 5 years now. Might be worth a shot.

Nathan Brown - I agree, good guy to have around and had a pretty decent win record before saving the Knights. Managed to lure future superstar Kalyn Ponga, Origin halfback Pearce and Origin players Klemmer and Guerra to the club.

Shane Flanagan - Premiership winner and already under contract at the Dragons. I would assume the Dragons are currently playing without effort because they want Mary sacked and Flanagan in. I also read a rumour that the NRL may let him come back to coaching early so he might be the true front runner in all of this.

Trent Barrett - Might be a guy to punt on. Did get Manly to a finals series once but failed twice to do so. Also pissed off Manly management but he is a Dragons legend. I'd probably lean more towards not hiring him but could be an option.

---

Personally if it were me I'd take Toovey, keep Flanagan as an assistant coach and pick up one of Fitzgibbon or Ryles to replace Dean Young who clearly doesn't give a f**k about how bad the Dragons are going. That seems like a pretty killer coaching team and all three are guys that the Dragons players can look up to and learn from.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Luckily for St George there are a fair few good coaches running around out there right now.

Craig Fitzgibbon - Learning under Trent Robinson who is obviously one of the best coaches in the league second only to Bellamy. As someone else pointed out he's apparently the man responsible for the defensive efforts of the Roosters.

Geoff Toovey - 58% winning record in the NRL, was the coach of Manly when they were still successful. Coached them to a grand final and multiple finals series. Most importantly is passionate about what he does and certainly wouldn't accept his players playing like they did today.

Jason Ryles - Untested at NRL level but a good old boy for the Dragons who has been learning under Craig Bellamy for 5 years now. Might be worth a shot.

Nathan Brown - I agree, good guy to have around and had a pretty decent win record before saving the Knights. Managed to lure future superstar Kalyn Ponga, Origin halfback Pearce and Origin players Klemmer and Guerra to the club.

Shane Flanagan - Premiership winner and already under contract at the Dragons. I would assume the Dragons are currently playing without effort because they want Mary sacked and Flanagan in. I also read a rumour that the NRL may let him come back to coaching early so he might be the true front runner in all of this.

Trent Barrett - Might be a guy to punt on. Did get Manly to a finals series once but failed twice to do so. Also pissed off Manly management but he is a Dragons legend. I'd probably lean more towards not hiring him but could be an option.

---

Personally if it were me I'd take Toovey, keep Flanagan as an assistant coach and pick up one of Fitzgibbon or Ryles to replace Dean Young who clearly doesn't give a f**k about how bad the Dragons are going. That seems like a pretty killer coaching team and all three are guys that the Dragons players can look up to and learn from.
We would be lucky to afford one of those blokes let alone all three. Unlike your team our sugar daddy can’t even eat strawberry jam because he can’t pass the seeds.

Latest posts