What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryce Gibbs...

westie

Bench
On Gibbs... and I know most people will disagree with me. But his bullsh*t to slow the game down was, again, excellent. Ignoring the fact that he made that cover tackle while our other outside backs on the open side were watching... how good was his effort not to get sin binned for the hold down. And the 10 minute walk-back to the drop out before leading the charge back up the field. I swear, he's the best in the league at the calculated slow-downs. Saves our bacon regularly.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
It's his back that he injured, not his knee.

If you're going off his Twitter account, he is a serious sh*t stirrer, I wouldn't read much into it.

super_coach

First Grade
Had a huge ice pack on his knee while sitting on the bench in the second half. So this story may have legs, Anyway if its a max of three weeks not the end of the world (although not great news either). Of course how often do the tigers medical people get the recovery date correct!! thats the bad news

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
On Gibbs... and I know most people will disagree with me. But his bullsh*t to slow the game down was, again, excellent. Ignoring the fact that he made that cover tackle while our other outside backs on the open side were watching... how good was his effort not to get sin binned for the hold down. And the 10 minute walk-back to the drop out before leading the charge back up the field. I swear, he's the best in the league at the calculated slow-downs. Saves our bacon regularly.

I said this to a mate I was watching the game with. Slowed the game perfectly as our defense was well & truely on the backfoot.

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
It's taken a few frustrating years but he has got it down pat now. Now he just needs to teach Fifita a few tricks because Fifita gives away far too many frustratingly stupid penalties.

On Gibbs, he's also developed into arguably the game's best defensive prop.

N.C.

Juniors
So Sheens is gonna keep us waiting again.

Gibbs out - will Galloway play? What will our pack look like next week? Skando some more?

super_coach

First Grade
Galloway must be still under warranty with the amount of games he has put in over the years,take him twenty years to crack 200 games

N.C.

Juniors
It is starting to get a little frustrating isn't it?

It was just a concussion, right? Unless of course the good doctor has tried to treat him for it, he should be fit this week?

gronkathon

First Grade
Oh well at least we have the worthless plodder in the side to replace our best cover defender despite him being outplayed by every prop in his own teams rotation

It's taken a few frustrating years but he has got it down pat now. Now he just needs to teach Fifita a few tricks because Fifita gives away far too many frustratingly stupid penalties.

On Gibbs, he's also developed into arguably the game's best defensive prop.

Agreed Gibbs is always there to clean up,he has a good instinct on knowing where to be, in saying that its a shame he makes little progress with the ball in hand.He would definately be in my starting line up each week,i would never have said that over the last few years though.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Would love to know what moors and shirnack have done wrong for skando to get a call up over them. His 9 hit ups for 64ms were inspirational on Sunday...

Jud

Juniors
I agree, it has taken a few years for him to get his game right but I honestly think he is heading in the right direction.

For so long there was always that thought of a dumb penalty just around the corner, but he seems to be playing with his head more these days. Having said that, I would like to see a bit more agression. And that goes for the whole pack at times!!

Direct

Juniors
I'd love to see Moors in the side as well. One of my favourite images from this year was watching Idris attempting a massive shot on him and just being brushed aside effortlessly.

DanOz

Juniors
Gibbs is a massive loss. He gets bagged alot but his defensive work for us is priceless.

Latest posts