What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BS to Bradford

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
I am going to post this because i can't see it anywhere (apologies if it is up), and i can't believe that there isn't a billion people talking about it!

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/rugbyleague/story/0 said:
"Bradford will confirm the return of their former coach Brian Smith today on a short-term basis as a consultant to Noble's successor Steve McNamara. They expect to announce the signing of Parramatta's second-row Glenn Morrison next week."
Questions, Comments, discussion?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Damndamndamndamndamndamndamn

They're stealing our Morro, as well as Brian! Well...Not Brian, because he resigned...But you get my drift!

fish eel

Immortal
probably got overlooked because there has been so much going on!!

but yeah....interesting....I wonder what 'consultant' means?? Oz talent scout? Maybe we'll see a few eels who are off contract head to BRadford?

Eelementary

Post Whore
To be fair to the man, he DID quit via the right channels.

Handed in his resignation and all that.

Jamie...Well, he just left, without so much as saying goodbye lol.

I wonder how long "short term" is?

Even though he isn't on their payroll yet, Newie might not be that happy that Smithy is off O/S for a time when he could be plugging energies of player recruitment into his longer term post?

CharlieF

Juniors
scottyeel said:
There goes Bradfords chances of back to back titles.

Brian Smith took Bradford to their first ever GF appearance back in 1995 I think. He is held in high regard by them for good reason.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
there's no one to talk to in the Manly forum, thats why Cliffy used to post here

bartman

Immortal
I'd say Brian's stay in Bradford will just be quite short, a good little earner while he's here visiting his son. McNamara was promoted from within to take over from Brian Noble when he left mid-season to go to Wigan. Bradford would have money spare and probably think it's worth getting a senior coach in during McNamara's first season to offer some tips and a different perspective than Noble's.

Morrison is signed sealed but not yet delivered... I think there's talk that Bradford were trying to get an immediate release, but I doubt Parra would let him go right now, seeing as he's our acting captain throughout Origin period?

Bradford wouldn't touch Mateo imo. Seriously, despite all our hype he only played off the bench for London second half of last year, showing a small amount of skill for a club that while scraping into the finals were well below the class teams above them. It came across as a case of London chosing not to extend his stay, rather than the other way around?

By reports Mateo had a blinder in Tonga v Samoa and followed that up by... hardly getting off the bench for our reserve grade side. Good luck to him, but he'd be looking at a side like Wakefield or Castelford to get a Superleague start, or there's plenty of lower division sides like Workington Town where he could easily be a star...

Latest posts