What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BSB - Jamie Lyon

Bundy

Juniors
Fitzgerald was asked the question on the BSB this morning

TK -
"Will we see Jamie Lyon at Parramatta next year?"

His Reply-
"Highly unlikely."

Anyone know who's talking to him?
Are we?

I know this question has been posed before but now it seems that Parra is out of the equation.

The Colonel

Immortal
Roosters, Manly and Penrith are the big tips at the moment. He has allegedly knocked bacvk $350,000 from the Eels so he won't be cheap by any stretch.

Macca

Coach
I read on the NRL forum that Parra had withdrawn their offer.

The teams chasing were Nth Qld, Roosters, Canberra, Penrith and Manly.

If reports are correct that he knocked back $350k-$400k for Parra then he's going to be expensive. We do have room under tha cap though.

The Colonel

Immortal
I'd think he has seen what Gasnier is getting and thinks he can get the same.

Macca said:
If reports are correct that he knocked back $350k-$400k for Parra then he's going to be expensive.

Very very close to that figure apparently.

The Dodger

First Grade
is he worth it?

could be good considering him and albert were so successful along side each other

Window Licker

Juniors
And why wouldnt he........ he is one of the best players in the world.

Still dont think any player is woth $400,000 to $500,000!

Inferno

Coach
I'd pay $400 000 for Minichello, and he's off contract as well...

MINI THE MISSING LINK!!!

Bundy

Juniors
He may be reading too much into the Gas signing. I heard Lyon was offered the 5/8 spot at Parra as well as the cash.
If we were gonna sign him it'd only be as a centre. If he's not getting the spot he's after he will prob want even more.

Macca

Coach
Would you pay him 400k a year when we probably could have kept Nige for 350k?

. . . and probably still can.

Bundy

Juniors
window washer said:
He doesnt want to play centre....... so what would we do with Dyksey!

Exactly. Is it worth bidding for a player that wants more than one (Nige) that we already have and wants a position that is well and truly filled and with depth? I don't think so. If he wanted to come as a centre alone it would be worth 'considering'. He and Darren could work well together. It may help to get more action to Albert (the pace man) than seeing Cov get put into space only to be run down inside 10m. If its 5/8 he's after. We're full, sorry.

Corkie292

Juniors
I've heard Wee Waa are offering him a brand new ute with a tray full of Crownies !!! He's seriously considering it cos he's homesick .....again ....

Bundy

Juniors
Macca said:
Does he desperately want to play 5/8th? Or is just a sweetener?

Word is that's one of the reasons he left Parra. Cause he wanted to play there and they didn't have room for him.