What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BSB - Jamie Lyon

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
No, he just stated that Lyons would sign for 350 k per year at parra.
i said different,(yeah 350k pounds) along with others & said how cheap it was.
or am i getting bundy confused with somebody else?
But i think it was, because I remember mcsniper diving straight into join him inthe convo, then precious chimed in as well.
I could be wrong though.

ghoti

Bench
emetic said:
what is he your e-secretary reefy?
HAHAHA! :lol:

I'd let him go for whoever is foolish enough to sign a single player for that amount of money. For $400 000 we could be looking at 4 high quality young first grade players...I haven't looked at the market for a while, but I'm sure there would be guys there that fit the criteria. In saying that though, Lyon is a fantastic centre and may well want to link up with Albert again as mentioned before...their combination was superb from the games I saw...shades of Gidley/Tahu of a few years back.

I'd let Nige go...for the price he demands he doesn't get the ball hardly enough and isn't nearly effective enough with it anymore. I'd have Lyon ahead of Vagana without a doubt. It's just a matter of deciding if any one player is worth that amount of cash...which in my opinion, that chunk of the salary cap can be used much better elsewhere.

Special K

Coach
Maybe our club has learnt a lesson about buying big name backs while we have Kimmorley in the seven?

Either way it is stupid. We need a centre, we need a goal kicker and we have the money. Don't be tight.

chimpy

Juniors
Having watched Jamie Lyon at saints for the last season and a half whatever he costs will be worthwhile he is a born matchwinner. for an hour aginat Hull FC last week he was relativey subdued but thenscore a superb try and minutes later an audacious flick out to Ade Gardner saw the winger score in the corner. Saints and Super Leagues loss will will the Kangaroos and NRL's gain

Since 73

First Grade
Bundy:

Fitzgerald was asked the question on the BSB this morning

TK -
"Will we see Jamie Lyon at Parramatta next year?"

His Reply-
"Highly unlikely."

You'll see him there at least once Fitzy. He just won't be wearing the blue and gold though.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
$400,000 is a playmakers wage. It's too much for a centre, ANY centre.

Lyon hasn't shown in the NRL that he can playmake so $400k would be a major gamble.

I'd want him to sign a guarantee that he'd bring us the Telstra Cup for that money

Macca

Coach
$400k is topline Kangaroo money in any position. He is worth around 380k I reckon. No way in the world you'd give 540k or whatever 73 was saying.

imasharkie

Coach
We've gone down that road with Nige.

We shouldn't pay huge money for so called star players.

I'd rather we spent $220k for Jake Webster.

I wouldnt be certain that Lyons returns to OZ, if $400k is aking price means st helens would need to come up with between 130-150 pounds to get him to stay, and st helens said before they havent given up hope