What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus and his tackle

ArturiusX

Juniors
He'll get 4-5 weeks for that. There's no rabbits, it didn't have malace so it wont be 10 like some people here have been saying, but it was very dangerous and there's no way he can get around that fact.

Oh well, quigs can tackle just as well :)

League_God

Juniors
Farva said:
He's gone for at least a couple. we won't get out of this one.

I'm not gonna waste energy hoping for a miracle like joey's downgrading.

But Quigley's alright. I kind of see it in the same way as Seage filling in for Thaiday ( when Milton's in form). He won't let you down and understands the game really well.

Don't get me wrong, Danny's a big loss. But we always talk about some of these 'fringe' players that should be in the 17, but aren't. I reckon a few of ourless glamorous players are ready to step up ( like Kurt did tonight).

If simpson's out, that's a bit fu*ked too. But Abraham looks like he's ready to step up as well. He's class.

And then there's the Mullen juggernaught that doesn't look like slowing down......

Yer agree 100%. quigley goes great. Everytime ive seen him play first grade he comes on with a great attitude

And i believe with Mullen and Johns in the side, aswell as Perry, Newton and the rest of the forward pack really stepping up, We Cant Lose!! Newton had a great game on friday night i mite add

Burwood

Bench
Kazaf said:
When will we know on the outcome from the judiciary?
Wednesday?

We should know by Tuesday as it is the finals and they push things through quicker this time of year. I also suspect that Buderus will plead guilty to the charge if it is a grade 1 or 2 as he has nothing to gain from fighting it. If it is a grade 3 then we may see him make a trip to Sydney to fight for a downgrading of the charge.

It's good to know that we have a player like quigley in waiting. We won't lose much in defence, and hopefully our attack can take care of itself with guys like Johns, Mullen and Kidley on the field at the same time.

~bedsy~

First Grade
raiderette_robbo said:
that tackle was really bad!!!
i think he should get between 4 and 6..nothing more nothing less...did anyone else notice the care the players took...none at all...they all just rushed in to fight and rumble and went straight over the top of robbo. in sayin all this bedsy is a champ...but when you do something like that no matter what type of person you are you should be punished
I completely agree with everything you have just said. I'm tipping about 4-5 weeks, it should be no more than that. It was a shocker of a tackle and you can see that he didn't mean for it to go wrong and appologised straight away, that's the type of bloke bedsy is. But as you said he should be punished.

Master Vippo

Juniors
They said on the Roast and the Sunday footy show the he def wont play again this year, and some of next. 5 weeks i think they guessed

Kazaf

Juniors
Hope all goes well for him.
Arghh, fustrating.

Must feel for him though, he was pretty upset and he hasnt been in finals footy as much as Joey. He was looking forward to it.

Best of luck to him.

Burwood

Bench
They talk about consistency with the judiciary, but I remember a tackle from our round 5 match against Melbourne where Webster did a terrible tackle on Quinn after he had passed the ball:
picture23rjam2.jpg

http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture23rj.jpg

This tackle didn't even get referred to the judiciary?!?

Kazaf

Juniors
How about when Quinn copped the same treatment against the Cowboys in round 24? Same deal, 2 defenders lifted him.
They didnt go on report (from what I remember anyways) and he didnt landed on his heard first, but he was put into a dangerous position.

We must help Bedsy fight the charge, anything we can do?

~bedsy~

First Grade
It's the NRL judicray (sp?) there is nothing you can do... They do what they want to do. This is Danny Buderus, he will get punished no matter what.
I agree he needs to be punished for what he did, but because other people have gotten away with it, doesn't it will help him.

Kazaf

Juniors
What we can do is put pressure on them.

By showing previous incidents not charged eg Quinn.
Best was the Sunday Footy Show.

Wish him all the best anyways.