What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Building the next NZ team

Brian potter

First Grade
Before the gag order Perth red posted that south Island bId on Facebook ran poll with scorpions being preferred option.

South Island bId on Facebook today calling for ideas for a name. Scorpions, stags and orcas seem to be favourites
Not a fan of the scorpion name but could live with the orcas.

still thing “bulls” is a good name for the team.

Matiunz

Juniors
Not a fan of the scorpion name but could live with the orcas.

still thing “bulls” is a good name for the team.
Bulls being the existing Canterbury teams name alienates the rest of the South Island, plus is a bit on the nose with the existing Canterbury BullDOGS.
Orcas would be like calling a new NSW team the cane toads.
Scorpions is the existing SI name but a bit odd with there being no scorpions in NZ, Kea would be the front runner

flippikat

Bench
Whuch colours would they use?

I'd imagine one of them would have to be green. Orange would have to be in there. It would be a unique colour scheme
The Kea bid is looking to use green & orange - inspired by the bird's plumage.

I imagine there'll be a run on claiming green and/or orange between Brisbane 3 & the South Island bids as those colours are relatively under-used in the NRL.. much like how the Dolphins, Perth Bears & PNG are all leaning into different combinations & shades of red/black/gold/white.

The Kea bid is looking to use green & orange - inspired by the bird's plumage.

I imagine there'll be a run on claiming green and/or orange between Brisbane 3 & the South Island bids as those colours are relatively under-used in the NRL.. much like how the Dolphins, Perth Bears & PNG are all leaning into different combinations & shades of red/black/gold/white.
The Kea probably have the best brand out of the potential bids.

jim_57

Staff member
Whuch colours would they use?

I'd imagine one of them would have to be green. Orange would have to be in there. It would be a unique colour scheme.

ipswichjets22mining.png

Milhouse2020

Juniors
Hey f**kwììt, you couldn’t hold a proper conversation if you tried, go to your favourite GWS thread and talk of vicky kicky with all the other AFL trolls

My ability to hold a proper conversation is so advanced, you'd lose braincells trying to understand.

And that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Latest posts