What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Building the next NZ team

flippikat

Bench
ipswichjets22mining.png
Mostly orange with green & a bit of silver for Brisbane 3 (Orange for Easts Tigers, Green for Ipswich) - alternate jersey being mostly silver.

Mostly green with orange & brown for NZ 2 (green for Kea & greenstone, orange & brown for other Kea colours).

Proximity of the side line to the field doesn't change the fact that it's an oval and will always be an oval. That might fly in NZ, but it simply isn't up to the standards expected in the NRL anymore and we shouldn't be lowering those standards.

On their reputation; it may be unfair, but it is what it is.

I know this is a late reply but do you reckon the newest NRL stadium, Kayo is up to NRL standards? I feel like we've been hoodwinked by the Dolphins. What happened to the "we need a 2nd Brisbane team so we can have a game at Suncorp every week" idea? Instead of that we get games in a park footy ground which holds 10k. It's embarrassing. We were better off with the Crushers.

flippikat

Bench
I know this is a late reply but do you reckon the newest NRL stadium, Kayo is up to NRL standards? I feel like we've been hoodwinked by the Dolphins. What happened to the "we need a 2nd Brisbane team so we can have a game at Suncorp every week" idea? Instead of that we get games in a park footy ground which holds 10k. It's embarrassing. We were better off with the Crushers.
It's been 3 home games last year & this year - probably wouldn't want to see any more than that.

Interestingly 2 out of those 3 games have been Raiders & Dragons both years.. so those must have been identified as lower-pulling opponents.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
It's been 3 home games last year & this year - probably wouldn't want to see any more than that.

Interestingly 2 out of those 3 games have been Raiders & Dragons both years.. so those must have been identified as lower-pulling opponents.
Yep, we saw a Thursday night game earlier this year pull 14k, if you are going to get those shit timeslots against low drawing opponents, you may as well play at a ground you own than rent Suncorp stadium. Thursday night Dolphins games are perfect at their spiritual home.

I'm happy for them to maintain a link to their roots, however, it's definitely is my preference though that they get the capacity upgraded in the future as they continue to grow. 9 games at Suncorp and 3 games at a 20k Dolphin Stadium would be a great start.

Yep, we saw a Thursday night game earlier this year pull 14k, if you are going to get those shit timeslots against low drawing opponents, you may as well play at a ground you own than rent Suncorp stadium. Thursday night Dolphins games are perfect at their spiritual home.

I'm happy for them to maintain a link to their roots, however, it's definitely is my preference though that they get the capacity upgraded in the future as they continue to grow. 9 games at Suncorp and 3 games at a 20k Dolphin Stadium would be a great start.
There are plans to relocate the Leagues Club so a southern stand can be built.

final say

Juniors

They need to be aiming to get 20k minimum to games and be a team all of Brisbane can get behind.
They should be at Suncorp full time.