What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs accusations

C

CanadianSteve

I'll start a thread for discussion of the Bulldogs alleged rape case. I've read all about it on TFR, but there are so many different threads about it there.

How big a black eye is this for league? Has union in Aus ever had a similar scandal? Or do these things seem to happen more in league?

B

bender

I dont think that the scandal will have the slightest bit of effect on the game as a whole. It may have a destabilising effect on the Bulldogs, particularly if the club were to dismiss the players or not renew their contracts in future years ( I dont know who they are but i assume there would be some pretty good players there) but that is about it.

I am unaware of similar union situations although i am sure they exist (probably not so bad). There are several examples of league players being accused of rape in the past, sometimes high profile ones. In reality, it is always forgotten before long and never really has any affect on crowds or anything else. I dont see any reason why this would be any different.

In light of recent events, including the cap cheating, fan trouble etc, you would have to think that Canterbury Bulldogs are very close to taking the Mantle of the most hated team in the league.

Latest posts