What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs name full-time squad of 24

Dogs Of War

Coach
The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs have named their full-time squad for the 2004 National Rugby League season. Amongst the squad of 24 players coach Steve Folkes has retained the services of the majority of the 2003 Squad. In addition Folkes has promoted Hutch Maiava, Reni Maitua, Brett Oliver and youngster, Sonny Bill-Williams to the full-time squad.

Jamaal Lolesi and Willie Tonga are the only two players to be signed from outside the Club with Lolesi being recruited from the Raiders and Tonga from Parramatta.

The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs will open their NRL season at Telstra Stadium on Saturday 13 March against Parramatta.

2004 MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC BULLDOGS FULL-TIME SQUAD:

Braith Anasta
Roy Asotasi
Hazem El Masri
Jamie Feeney
Tony Grimaldi
Ben Harris
Corey Hughes
Glen Hughes
Jamaal Lolesi
Hutch Maiava
Reni Maitua
Willie Mason
Brett Oliver
Mark O'Meley
Luke Patten
Adam Perry
Steve Price
Andrew Ryan
Dennis Scott
Brent Sherwin
Willie Tonga
Johnathan Thurston
Matt Utai
Sonny Bill Williams

Good squad, should go well.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i hear nothing but good things about that Sonny Bill Williams....

JessEel

saw him once or twice when i was watching like, SGBall and Flegg, but its scary to think what he'll do in first grade............ *shudders*

Shifty

Juniors
Willie Tonga will hopefully emulate the feats of his Junior Kangaroo centre partner Ben Harris and establish himself in the side quickly.

Andrew Ryan was the most improved player in 2003 and if he can countinue that form will be hard for the opposition to contain. Thurston, O'Meley, Mason and Anasta all have to improve on last year for the team to thrive.

Rise Against

Sonny Bill makes me shiver.. the hits he puts on are ground shaking..

I expect Asotasi to step up a level 2.. this guy is something special.

I cant wait 2 see Hutch in first grade 2.. he is awesome

JessEel

Shifty said:
Willie Tonga will hopefully emulate the feats of his Junior Kangaroo centre partner Ben Harris and establish himself in the side quickly.

Andrew Ryan was the most improved player in 2003 and if he can countinue that form will be hard for the opposition to contain.

i like your thinking!! :D
IMO all Willie and Bobcat needed was a better coach, and, from what i hear, Steve Folkes is one of the best so watch out for them to have blinders. Good luck to em i say, someone has to teach BS a lesson!!

RifRaf

Juniors
Not a bad line up considering the players you've lost... I look forward to a few avatar bets throughout the season (Dogs you looked so pretty in the Tigers Av last year).....

Agent Mulder

Bench
Im looking forward to seeing Willie Tonga as i feel he should fit in at Canterbury.
Also looking forward to seeing Sonny Bill Williams as i feel he is a gun and have huge wraps on.

Luke O'Dwyer and Sonny Bill could be fighting out the Rookie of the year.

Dogs Of War

Coach
RifRaf said:
Not a bad line up considering the players you've lost... I look forward to a few avatar bets throughout the season (Dogs you looked so pretty in the Tigers Av last year).....

I demand a rematch! Round 11 & Round 20. 1 week you have to wear whatever avatar the other makes you. I choo choo choose the Bulldogs one (you can have the spiffy new one).

RifRaf

Juniors
Dogs Of War said:
RifRaf said:

I demand a rematch! Round 11 & Round 20. 1 week you have to wear whatever avatar the other makes you. I choo choo choose the Bulldogs one (you can have the spiffy new one).
I except (as if I wouldn't have) you can don the wt logo when the inevitalbe occurs.... PS This would be a very easy time to shoot fish in a barrel... Let it be noted I have refrained... Your still scum sucking dirty 88 GF cheating low lifes but these are dark days good luck getting through them....

Dog-E

Juniors
aqua_duck said:
WIllie Tonga is in the Chris walker class of defenders, so he needs to fix that up.

Yah...But them so was Vagana b4 Folkesey & co got their paws on him!! ;)

Now The Freak defends like a CHAMP!!...The Sharks are so damned lucky to have him...he is a very SPECIAL footballer indeed!! :cry:

Pazza

First Grade
Bill Sonny Williams, another Kiwi talent! All the Kiwis need is a really good 5/8 and Fullback and international league is going to be as good as SOO.

STSAE

Juniors
Dogs Of War said:
The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs have named their full-time squad for the 2004 National Rugby League season. Amongst the squad of 24 players coach Steve Folkes has retained the services of the majority of the 2003 Squad. In addition Folkes has promoted Hutch Maiava, Reni Maitua, Brett Oliver and youngster, Sonny Bill-Williams to the full-time squad.

Jamaal Lolesi and Willie Tonga are the only two players to be signed from outside the Club with Lolesi being recruited from the Raiders and Tonga from Parramatta.

The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs will open their NRL season at Telstra Stadium on Saturday 13 March against Parramatta.

Braith Anasta
Roy Asotasi
Hazem El Masri
Jamie Feeney
Tony Grimaldi
Ben Harris
Corey Hughes
Glen Hughes
Jamaal Lolesi
Hutch Maiava
Reni Maitua
Willie Mason
Brett Oliver
Mark O'Meley
Luke Patten
Adam Perry
Steve Price
Andrew Ryan
Dennis Scott
Brent Sherwin
Willie Tonga
Johnathan Thurston
Matt Utai
Sonny Bill Williams

Not trolling just a few questions.

I was wondering why The Dogs have a squad of 24???
I thought the top squad was supposed to be 25???
Did you guys also have a squad of 24 last year???

I agree though, good squad, should go well!!
Thanks

Dogaholic

First Grade
STSAE said:
Dogs Of War said:

Braith Anasta
Roy Asotasi
Hazem El Masri
Jamie Feeney
Tony Grimaldi
Ben Harris
Corey Hughes
Glen Hughes
Jamaal Lolesi
Hutch Maiava
Reni Maitua
Willie Mason
Brett Oliver
Mark O'Meley
Luke Patten
Adam Perry
Steve Price
Andrew Ryan
Dennis Scott
Brent Sherwin
Willie Tonga
Johnathan Thurston
Matt Utai
Sonny Bill Williams

Not trolling just a few questions.

I was wondering why The Dogs have a squad of 24???
I thought the top squad was supposed to be 25???
Did you guys also have a squad of 24 last year???

I agree though, good squad, should go well!!
Thanks

Adrian Rainey was added to the list. that makes 25