What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs or Leeds?

miccle

Bench
Leeds by 12... The poms take this game far more seriously than us, and for good reason too. Having an ESL team win is great for the game too!

Overall, I don't really mind which team takes it out. As long as they put on a great show of close and skillful footy to entertain us all :D

Iafeta

Referee
The ironic thing about Leeds winning....

The magic of Alidome was booted from the Warriors because they reckoned he didn't want to win a premiership. Pray do tell Mick, how many have you won? Guess what champ, Ali is one up on you!! And after a marvel of a season as well. God damn, come home Ali, this particular fans misses you immensely.

Bulldogs by 4.

Nugby

Juniors
Normally I'd go for the Australians, but that's about half of each team. Go the Doggies anyway

Surandy

Bench
Hmm, Bulldogs or Rhinos? If played in England I'd say it'd be a tight contest, if in Australia then I'd give Leeds little chance to win.

innsaneink

Referee
SBW v Ali Lauititi????? =P~ =P~ =P~

That alone would make it worth watching....as for the result, who cares?

Bob8

Juniors
strong_latte said:
Although I hate the bulldogs, I hate the way that the poms crap on about the super league being better than the NRL because they win the WCC more often than we do... The fact is the match is usually tipped heavily in favour of the SL team and most people here just don't care so...

I'm not aware of any Poms who claim Super League is better than the NRL, the optimistic viewpoint here, which I subscribe to, is that the gap is narrowing.

Home advantage for Leeds and a more serious attitude to the match mean it's a 50-50 game.

bartman

Immortal
Don't know the WCC venue. Assumed in GB? Will be cheering for Leeds, but expect a Dogs win in a good game.

Ozzy, Lauitiiti is playing for Leeds since leaving Warriors earlier in the season. He has done rather well ever since, strong and slipping passes as usual and yes Dimitri he looks like he's toned up. I'm sure Iafeta will agree Ali is straight into the Kiwi side, so will be playing alongside SBW in for the next five weeks.

Leeds don't really need any more NRL players, they have the nucleus of a good young squad that will grow and develop in coming years. They are losing Matt Adamson (wasn't even selected for GF) and David Furner (retiring), so maybe another solid experienced forward wouldn't go astray? (Step in Gareth Ellis or Danny Peacock, eh Jase?)

The Clan

Juniors
strong_latte said:
Although I hate the bulldogs, I hate the way that the poms crap on about the super league being better than the NRL because they win the WCC more often than we do... The fact is the match is usually tipped heavily in favour of the SL team and most people here just don't care so...

No one in the UK believes the Superleague to be better than the NRL!

The top 6 sides in the SL would be competative in the NRL but the lower half of the division still needs to improve.

The Roosters played especialy well against the Saints and I doubt any team from either comp would have beaten them that night. Saints though played particularly crap on the night and it created the illusion of an exagerated gulf between the NRL & SL.

The gap is not as big as many Ausies seem to believe and the SL comp is getting more competative and more intense every year.

I doubt any NRL side would have beaten the Bulls on the night they battered Penrith but no one over here took that to mean the SL was better than the NRL.

The Clan

Juniors
Surandy said:
Hmm, Bulldogs or Rhinos? If played in England I'd say it'd be a tight contest, if in Australia then I'd give Leeds little chance to win.

Just like Wigan had little chance of winning when they went to Brisbane and beat the Bronco's!

DIEHARD

----
The Leeds Rhinos team has 10 members of the Leeds Rhinos Academy. ;-)

This is the way of the future for ESL teams and the GB and Ireland Lions.

JK

GO DOGS!

but at the same time I am more interested in a bloody good game! Leeds are one of my more favoured sides...

MAKE THIS GAME SPECIAL BOYS! :D

Skinner

Coach
This might sound a bit wank, but for the good of the game I think I'd like to
see Leeds win. I also think that if this was played in two weeks time then the
doggies would wipe the floor with them.

Cheers
Skinner