What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BULLDOGS RELEASE BEN HARRIS

Dogaholic

First Grade
BULLDOGS RELEASE BEN HARRIS
The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs announced today Ben Harris will be leaving the Club this week due to family reasons.

Harris, a member of the Bulldogs top squad, was granted leave by the Club on compassionate grounds so he and his wife could be closer to her home country of Portugal. They will be moving to England and Harris has agreed to terms with the Bradford Bulls Rugby League Club.

Bulldogs CEO Malcolm Noad said, “Due to our current injury situation, our preference would have been for Ben to stay, but we understand his reasons and wish him well with his career at Bradford.”

Ben Harris said, “I want to thank Malcolm and coach Steve Folkes for understanding my personal circumstances. I owe a lot to the Bulldogs for what they’ve done for me over the past five years.”

Thanks for everything Ben, hopefully you come back to this great club.

ibeme

First Grade
Sad to see him go. He had plenty of potential. Hopefully they can sort out their problems.

Good luck Ben.

Bullseye

Juniors
This is how the news was reported in the UK.

BULLS MOVE FOR BEN HARRIS
10th May 2005

Bradford Bulls have today announced the capture of Centre Ben Harris
from the NRL Club, Canterbury Bulldogs.

Harris, who is 21 years of age, has made 42 appearances for the Bulldogs
in the past two seasons and played in their Grand Final success last
season but missed the Carnegie World Club Challenge in February because
of minor surgery. He has signed a contract to remain at Odsal until the
end of the 2007 season.

Bulls Chairman Chris Caisley believes the signing of Harris will be
significant for the club:

“He is a tough, uncompromising high quality player who has come from a
very high quality environment at the Bulldogs. He broke into their side
when he was only 18 and made a major impact playing in 22 games in the
2003 season. He played in last season’s Grand Final and we are
delighted we have been able to capture a player of his quality at such a
young age. He is just the sort of player we are looking to recruit.”

Bulls Coach Brian Noble said today:

“I believe Ben will be sensational over here. We have worked very hard
to obtain Ben’s signing and I am looking forward to having him in the
squad for the rest of the season,”

Is he a good player? What are his strengths and weaknesses?

Jackal Dog

Juniors
Damn we could of really used him in the currrent situation but he made his decision and I wish him the best.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
shame for the bulldogs and nrl. when he first came on i thought he was gonna be huge. i remember him playing someone at the sfs once in one of his first games running and getting an awesome offload which lead to someone scoring (may of been the night vagana bagged 5). he never really kickeed on, i guess things got in the way

annav

Juniors
bad timing, but what can u do, if his heart and drive is not there, no use keeping him...good luck to the guy with his future endeavours

Dogs Of War

Coach
Should be a good bye for bradford as long as he can keep injury free, which he has struggled with at the Bulldogs. Very underated player.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i said it since the start of 2004 when he arrived
J-Lo will be the death of Harris.

I recall you all saying J-Lo would be playing reggies behind Harris... haha! What rubbish, truth is, its been J-Lo's dominated that has forced him into reggies and not enjoying his footy in australia

Re-sign him now dogs, life contract, before those bastard poachers get him!!!!