What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Sign Ennis For Three Years

Dogaholic

First Grade
200k for Ennis, Mick?

I can't imagine that he'd uproot his life to move back to Sydney (and the Bulldogs of all clubs) for just 200k.

Dogs have a lean year and all of a sudden we have lost our prestige? :crazy:

I said it last year that 08 will be a grace period and we'll be back in 09.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Great signing. He's been in career best form and will just get better.

I am extremely pleased with out recruitment this year. Finally with some money we have made the right buys..

Morris is a fantastic young centre who has shone greatly in his FG appearances in that position. He is a future rep player, no doubt.

Kimmorley will bring a heap of experience and guidance to the side and will groom Aaron Groom, Ben Barba and Arana Taumata for the future.

Ennis is in career best form. He will add great spark, creativity and kicking to the dummy half role. He can also kick goals which is great.

Hannant is a S.O.O prop and he is in the QLD side for a reason. He is as touch as nails, never gives up, hits hard, runs hard and is just what we need to bolster out forward pack.

Add to these signings the great junior base we have with so many amazing players in SG and NYC and I tell you, it's a great time to be a doggies fan! The future looks amazing.

torpedo

Juniors
Ennis is on $800k over 3 years....way overs if you ask me... You would be wiser staying with Corey....

By the way there is a reason why he has been to 4 clubs in 7 years, just ask the players he played with...

Dogaholic

First Grade
Ennis is on $800k over 3 years....way overs if you ask me... You would be wiser staying with Corey....

By the way there is a reason why he has been to 4 clubs in 7 years, just ask the players he played with...

don't know any. Care to fill us in?

Abz

Juniors
He's got spark, but I hope a 3 year deal doesn't make him a passenger player for the first 2 years.

Wicks

Juniors
Those figures are crap...the figures i've heard were:

$150k for Morris...he was looking for another club...Dogs threw him a lifeline. Has since been playing out of his skin at centre where Dogs are looking to play him.

Morris was 225
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif][/FONT]

Wicks

Juniors
I'm not saying that's a lie, but I find it hard to believe he was paid that much to get into a position with plenty of depth. I think he's worth max $180k.

180 isnt much more than the average and he is hardly average 225 is fair

Dragons have many centres but elsewhere good centres are rare and expensive

Dogs paid almost triple what the Dragons would have for Millard

leaguelover3

juniors
180 isnt much more than the average and he is hardly average 225 is fair

Dragons have many centres but elsewhere good centres are rare and expensive

Dogs paid almost triple what the Dragons would have for Millard

Not gonna have much room to spend now the dogs on actual quality players ha ha looks like your stuck, keep paying overs enjoy the next 3-4 yrs.:)

leaguelover3

juniors
Paying overs for who exactly?

Just in general, if youre putting all your eggs in one basket now and youve signed these players, cant see you being able to hit the market for any stars, emphasis on stars in the next few yrs, you could be right though if SBW leaves thanks to Khodder, should free up 400k

Dogaholic

First Grade
Just in general, if youre putting all your eggs in one basket now and youve signed these players, cant see you being able to hit the market for any stars, emphasis on stars in the next few yrs, you could be right though if SBW leaves thanks to Khodder, should free up 400k

Ennis
Kimmorley
Morris
Hannant

That is 4 baskets thus far

leaguelover3

juniors
Ennis
Kimmorley
Morris
Hannant

That is 4 baskets thus far

Dont think there good baskets, there good strong 1st graders, there your Chris Armits and Jarrod Hickeys of the League World.

Anyway good luck with em i'm sure it's gonna work out with em !

grandorient

Bench
I reckon you guys have made some excellent buys, and will be a real force in 09.

The one man I admire more than any other in your club though, is Ryan. Great forward, good captain, always consistant, tries lke hell all the time. You guys are lucky to have him.

GrandOrient
Saints

leaguelover3

juniors
I reckon you guys have made some excellent buys, and will be a real force in 09.

The one man I admire more than any other in your club though, is Ryan. Great forward, good captain, always consistant, tries lke hell all the time. You guys are lucky to have him.

GrandOrient
Saints

They do have a good Toyota Cup team, they may win it !

Latest posts