What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BULLDOGS v BRISBANE *live updates & discussion* LET'S GET IT ON!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
5 days to the first of our GF Qualifiers.

Game day (NSWRL fixtures TBC):
ARRIVE ALIVE CUP GRAND FINAL
Endeavour Sports High (NSW) vs Keebra Park State High (QLD). 4:10pm kickoff.

PREMIER LEAGUE
Parramatta v Manly. 5:35pm kickoff.

FIRST GRADE
Bulldogs v Brisbane. 7:45pm kickoff.

Brisbane Broncos:
1: Justin Hodges
2: Darius Boyd
3: Brent Tate
4: David Stagg
5: Karmichael Hunt
6: Darren Lockyer (c)
7: Shane Perry
13: Tonie Carroll
12: Brad Thorn
11: Sam Thaiday
10: Petero Civoniceva
9: Shaun Berrigan
8: Shane Webcke

Interchange:
14: Corey Parker
15: Dane Carlaw
16: Ben Hannant
17. Casey McGuire
18. Tame Tupou
Coach: Wayne Bennett

Thoughts, predictions? Crowd? Will Asotasi play? Can Brisbane score another 50? Are the 'Dogs destined for Grand Final day? Will Perry be a cat again?

if the rumours are true, that asotasi and maitua will be playing, i should be tipping the dogs,

dogs by 1, (sherwin field goal in the 76th minute)

Timmah

Staff member
If there's one thing I'm sure of... it will be a VERY close one. No rout like the Bonkers delivered last night.

Timmah

Staff member
Why would it be? The Dragons will have two other grades, it would make sense to schedule them all on the same day. As I said, the NSWRL venues/times aren't 100% confirmed yet anyway, we'll wait and see. But the lineup makes sense.

Mr Saab

Referee
The maltese terriors vs the horses.
I am not going to say the Broncos are over the line....far far far from it, but if the Broncos can hold the Dogs forwards, then the Broncos have it all over the puppies backline

Timmah

Staff member
Oh Brisbane will thump us Chuck :sarcasm:

:lol: Let the mind games begin.

Broncs to win by 6. If Petero and Webcke hold O'Meeley, Ryan etc and get on the front foot then the Broncs will get on top and dominate in the backs.

salivor

First Grade
The last time these two teams played in the finals we got to take a trophy home after the match :cool:

Mr Saab

Referee
Timmah said:
Oh Brisbane will thump us Chuck :sarcasm:

Not saying that at all.
But i would love nothing more than a repeat of last night or a repeat of the dogs broncos last game at Telstra....just so i can see a zillion threads from you about how the puppies were robbed because of the referee.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol:

Jezza said:
The last time these two teams played in the finals we got to take a trophy home after the match :cool:

Last time these two teams met in a final, a Mr. A. Langer was halfback. Now you've got that nuffy Perry steering you around the park :lol: Shifty found some brilliant form with his kicking and passing game last weekend and will repeat it. Dogs by 4.

Chucky said:
Not saying that at all.
But i would love nothing more than a repeat of last night or a repeat of the dogs broncos last game at Telstra....just so i can see a zillion threads from you about how the puppies were robbed because of the referee.

But, but... we was robbed :sarcasm: *makes more excuses*

not looking forward to playing them, i really, really hope the boys go out firing against them, and hopefully our support on the night makes them lift their peformance, i dont think its impossible for us to beat brisbane, i think it will be very difficult though, and hopefully if we do win it dosent come at a cost

good luck brisbane

Mr Saab

Referee
Biggest Tool on LU said:
But, but... we was robbed :sarcasm:*makes more excuses*

Yes thats right. Always the referees fault...never the player

Biggest Tool on LU said:
Dogs by 4.

By four? is that all. The dominant pack of the the 21st century can only beat an "old" broncos pack by 4.
Have some faith!

salivor

First Grade
Timmah said:
Last time these two teams met in a final, a Mr. A. Langer was halfback. Now you've got that nuffy Perry steering you around the park :lol: Shifty found some brilliant form with his kicking and passing game last weekend and will repeat it. Dogs by 4.

Forget Perry, Lockyer is our real halfback and did you see his kicking and passing games last night. Shifty can only dream of being half the player Locky is when at his peak. If our pack get get the kind of dominance over the Dogs that we have in our last 2 encounters then Perry will have time to be competent and let Lockyer shine like he has in recent times.

Stagger eel

Staff member
salivor said:
Forget Perry, Lockyer is our real halfback and did you see his kicking and passing games last night. Shifty can only dream of being half the player Locky is when at his peak. If our pack get get the kind of dominance over the Dogs that we have in our last 2 encounters then Perry will have time to be competent and let Lockyer shine like he has in recent times.

wouldn't it make sense to give Locky the 7 shirt and hand Hunt the 6??...why do they persist with Perry?

Mr Saab

Referee
eelavation said:
wouldn't it make sense to give Locky the 7 shirt and hand Hunt the 6??...why do they persist with Perry?

Dont be fooled by the numbers on the back of the jerseys

Timmah

Staff member
Mr Saab said:
Yes thats right. Always the referees fault...never the player

By four? is that all. The dominant pack of the the 21st century can only beat an "old" broncos pack by 4.
Have some faith!

Spot on. Always the ref ;-)

Dogs by 22.

salivor

First Grade
But who do you play at fullback then? Hodges got found out last week and Boyd looked poor in the position when he was given a go there, he was the reason for shifting Hodges back there in the first place.

With Perry, he needs the Broncos going forward giving him room to move otherwise he can be a disaster waiting to happen. When he gets this though he does dirrect the forwards quite well and has a decent kicking game.

salivor

First Grade
And Saab is right, Hunt is still effectively playing at a 5/8 in attack and wasn't it refreshing to not see the second man play last night, instead seeing Hunt create some play himself with a good ball to Tate that saw him score.