What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs vs eels sg ball preview

The Colonel

Immortal
BULLDOGS VS EELS SG BALL PREVIEW
Story & Photo's By : PK &
oft_banner_s9a.jpg

I had to look twice when I first saw the draw and these two powerhouses were meeting in the first round of the junior representative season.
There is no doubt this game is worthy to be played on 8 May 2010 – the date of the grand final.
Ourfootyteam has published the two team line-ups today courtesy of the NSWRL website. Let’s hope this practice continues as there are many fans around Australia that have a thirst for junior reps information.
We know that with the number of clicks on our website on anything related to the junior reps and from extensive feedback from you - the fans.
There are some interesting selections in both teams.
The Dogs will start their new recruit Gerard McCallum at fullback.
The Parramatta Eels junior has played most of his seasons at half back but that position has gone to former Dragon Matthew Hartney.
The Dogs also appear to be cotton-wooling their prized Harold Matthews players from last year in David Klemmer and Davis Minute who have picked up bench spots.
They shouldn’t be so concerned as the Eels are playing two of their matts boys from last year in the pack, Joseph Ualesi and Josh Neale.
Bulldog lock Paul Carter will be one to watch. The former country and AIS rep has a few raps on him.
Parramatta has kept the nucleus of their 2008 winning Matthews team with eight players in the squad this year. A notable omission is hooker Nick Folino who was sent to the academy again this year.
Ourfootyteam named Folino in our NSW All Stars Second team last year when he was only under 17.
We believed he was the second best hooker in the state behind only Endeavour’s Cameron King.
The Eels have brought Dean Blackman down from Queensland to cover hooker.
He must be a good player.
The other selection is that of half/fullback Jason Seage on the bench.
He showed playing for The Hills Sports High School last year he is a player with great speed and attacking flair as well as a requisite level of mongrel in defence.
Perhaps he will be used as a utility to cover a variety of positions?
In any event it is a brave coach that splits up a proven halves combination of Jason Wehbe and Jason Seage who have performed at club, school and rep level in the past.
I haven’t seen either team trial this year but I understand Penrith beat the Dogs in a trial and Newcastle beat the Eels.
Trial form is hard to gauge with junior reps as many players are trialing with 20’s and many are rested to give possible players a chance to shine.
The Eels go into the game underprepared in my opinion with only one game together against Illawarra. On paper I think the Dogs will stun the Eels with a ten point win.
The game will be played at Hammondville Oval at 6.30 pm.
In other games the Sharks who will play former Eel Rodney Moefaauo will beat Manly, Penrith will be too strong for the Central Coast with half Harry Seijka making a welcome return to the reps, Western Suburbs will be too big in the forwards for Canberra, the Storm boosted by last years Aussie Schoolboy fullback Maipelle Morseau will crush the Illawarra Steelers, Knights over the Dragons and I can’t see a fairy tail win for the WA Reds in their inaugural game against Balmain.
My two upsets this weekend are Norths over the Roosters and Western Academy over the Rabbitohs.

http://www.ourfootyteam.com/news.php#bulldogsVeelsPreview110210a

parrachilean31

Juniors
Was looking at the nswrl website I noticed tai tivasa is playing with roosters I thought we had signed him to play in sg ball any news???

The Colonel

Immortal
Was looking at the nswrl website I noticed tai tivasa is playing with roosters I thought we had signed him to play in sg ball any news???

The news seems to be he is playing at the Roosters and not the Eels. :sarcasm:

That said I believe there were some off field issues that resulted in him being dropped altogether.

The Colonel

Immortal
One team wil win, one will lose unless they draw.

No real idea to tell you the truth as I haven't seen them play.

The Colonel

Immortal
I live about 7 good hours drive from Sydney now PC31. If all five grades played on the one day at the same venue like they did in years past you could probably guarantee to see me there but I won't be down just for the junior games.

Jodeci

Bench
Bulldogs Vs Parramatta

The Crest, Saturday, February 13

SG Ball Cup

Kick-off: 6.30pm

Last year’s premiers the Bulldogs take on perennial powerhouse the Eels in what is our match of the week. It will be interesting to see how last year’s Harold Matthews Player of the Year, David Minute handles the step up to SG Ball. His trials have been impressive and certainly looks like he will not be out of place in this strong Dog’s line up.

Harold Matthews

Kick-off: 5.00pm

A grand final replay from last year is what awaits us here and if it is half as good we will all be in for a treat. Neither of these sides lost a match during the regular season last year although the Eels did have two draws. Playing each other this early in the season will probably mean someone will suffer a loss…Although it may be their last for a while.

Latest posts