What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BULLDOGS win the NRL ?

Wb1234

Referee
Thats pretty ordinary. A bit of banter is all in good fun, but this goes a bit far.

I will just add that I've had plenty of positive experiences with Doggies fans over the years and a few scary ones. Getting out of Belmore in 97 after the 5th place playoff was interesting, to slipping over and KOing myself getting in the car when it was pissing down at Homebush, had a few big Doggies boys help me up and hang about making sure I was ok and got in the car safely. There is good and bad in most crowds.
97 game wasn’t there a brawl on the trains after ? There was one super league game there where that happened

soc123_au

Staff member
97 game wasn’t there a brawl on the trains after ? There was one super league game there where that happened
I think that was the game at Penrith earlier in the year. I know a few trains get messed up after a Panthers/Dogs game. Not certain of the year, but 97 sounds right. The only reason I remember the year for the Belmore game is it was a playoff for the last spot in the Super League finals. Was also the game Solomon Haumano's Mum jumped the fence after he was knocked out, good times..

Wb1234

Referee
I think that was the game at Penrith earlier in the year. I know a few trains get messed up after a Panthers/Dogs game. Not certain of the year, but 97 sounds right. The only reason I remember the year for the Belmore game is it was a playoff for the last spot in the Super League finals. Was also the game Solomon Haumano's Mum jumped the fence after he was knocked out, good times..
Maybe I was pretty sure it was at belmore but maybe it was Penrith.

There used to be a few issues at Homebush back in the day (2002) especially between roosters and dogs fans which wasn’t helped when Mason and Anasta went to the chooks

McNulty

Juniors
I was at that game. Some locals from the areas continued on a local beef and then also targeted Penrith fans. In terms of crowd violence was probably the worst I have seen. If I recall they were throwing projectiles at the Penrith fans.

One of the reasons I used to be against returning to Belmore. Playing out of Homebush tends to keep most of that element away.

It’s a thug fan base.

It’s one of the reasons a lot of opposition fans have been very happy that the Bulldogs have sucked for a very long time.

It had shut the fan base up.

Unfortunately these incidents will become more common if their current on field performances continue.

Hopefully they’ll go back to sucking again very soon.