What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bundy Cup 2010

Roland

Juniors
The Italian team that beat Wales in the European Cup recently had 3 Windsor Bundy Cup players - Ben Stewart, Ray Nasso and Ryan Tremonte, Ex Sydney Bull forward Dean Vicelich as well as Andrew Kaleopa from Cabramatta's Sydney Shield team.

Also, Luke Branighan is back in Australia and he may not return to Britain as the National League 1 clubs no longer have enough money to keep him.

Roland

Juniors
Combined Bundy Cup 22 beat Fiji 16 in a evenly matched game.

Coedi Towney did not play and Don Thompson started as fullback and then Arthur Little replaced him in the second half.

I heard that Jamie Small and Charlie Farah were original selections but were unavailable.

footy watch

Juniors
Good news for cabra fans....it seems as though they found money again. With the re signing of jamie small and dallalana, they have attracted Big Francis Tuigamala and the return of Ross Brown.They are also in the market to lure a few other big names. Although it will be hard to match the spending spree of Mounties,with the recruitment of Hawkins,cahalane,marlteiner, luke Brannigan and a host of others.

Good news for cabra fans....it seems as though they found money again. With the re signing of jamie small and dallalana, they have attracted Big Francis Tuigamala and the return of Ross Brown.They are also in the market to lure a few other big names. Although it will be hard to match the spending spree of Mounties,with the recruitment of Hawkins,cahalane,marlteiner, luke Brannigan and a host of others.

Footy, I am not so sure that is a good thing.
I know for a fact that both of these players have been offering themselves around to other bundy cup clubs with Mounties being one of them and when they couldnt get what they wanted they then went down to the Illawarra and Newcastle comps and did the same.

Seems to me the only reason they are back at Cabra is that they didnt get the type of money they thought they could so in effect, we are not even second best, we are fourth, fifth or even tenth best.

Not a lot of loyalty shown by these two guys to a club who have looked after them pretty well for two years and if it were me I would not have had them back, there are plenty of other fish in the sea.

To me it shows a bit of desperation on the clubs behalf and I think we are better than that, or are we.

footy watch

Juniors
Doesnt sound too good terry..Bulls have committed to comp next year with Darren Maroon set to be announced as coach. It is believed he is bringing money to the club to sign players.Dont knw who he will attract as they seem to have lost by far their best players in the Trotters,Big Francis,Mitch Mahon,Arthur little and so on.

Footy Tragic

Juniors
Footy, I am not so sure that is a good thing.
I know for a fact that both of these players have been offering themselves around to other bundy cup clubs with Mounties being one of them and when they couldnt get what they wanted they then went down to the Illawarra and Newcastle comps and did the same.

Seems to me the only reason they are back at Cabra is that they didnt get the type of money they thought they could so in effect, we are not even second best, we are fourth, fifth or even tenth best.

Not a lot of loyalty shown by these two guys to a club who have looked after them pretty well for two years and if it were me I would not have had them back, there are plenty of other fish in the sea.

To me it shows a bit of desperation on the clubs behalf and I think we are better than that, or are we.
Terry, you should get all your facts right before making comment on dealings you have no idea about. Continually you write inside info about Cabra that is close to the mark but far enough away to show you don't have any intimate knowledge of the dealings.
Can't wait for your next 50% correct instalment

Terry, you should get all your facts right before making comment on dealings you have no idea about. Continually you write inside info about Cabra that is close to the mark but far enough away to show you don't have any intimate knowledge of the dealings.
Can't wait for your next 50% correct instalment

Mate, they are mercenaries and that's all, it is the local kids who will suffer because of our outdated and desperate signing policies.

Ok then name a Cabra junior halfback and front rower that is up to Bundy standard that could play in their place.

Missing the point just a little, we have this fantastic junior base that we have been nurturing for the last 20 years and we have produced some fantastic talent, and there is no reason why we could'nt do that for this grade.
We all know that if you dont have a junior for a certain position then you need to recruit but why do we continually let the players dictate the terms of the recruitment.
I don't see Mounties or Wenty or the Bulls getting held to ransom by players.
These two blokes get under my skin because they put their hand out and don't perform to the standard of payment like they should be, then they dump us and come back when they realise that they cant get the money from other clubs that they know they will get from us.
It stinks of disloyalty.

Footy Tragic

Juniors
Missing the point just a little, we have this fantastic junior base that we have been nurturing for the last 20 years and we have produced some fantastic talent, and there is no reason why we could'nt do that for this grade.
We all know that if you dont have a junior for a certain position then you need to recruit but why do we continually let the players dictate the terms of the recruitment.
I don't see Mounties or Wenty or the Bulls getting held to ransom by players.
These two blokes get under my skin because they put their hand out and don't perform to the standard of payment like they should be, then they dump us and come back when they realise that they cant get the money from other clubs that they know they will get from us.
It stinks of disloyalty.
Think you are missing the point. You said "our juniors will suffer", there needs to be juniors to take their position for them to suffer.
As you would know out of the 30 odd contract players signed for next year I'm pretty sure about 16 are Cabra juniors, I would doubt that any other Bundy club would come close to that.
As to the two players holding the club to ransom, despite having their pay cut for the second year in a row they have signed again. They were offered more to leave Cabra but decided to stay. Not sure if that is disloyal. They also chased up sponsors for the club through their contacts. May just be a little jealousy on your behalf that you never achieved the level of these two

Think you are missing the point. You said "our juniors will suffer", there needs to be juniors to take their position for them to suffer.
As you would know out of the 30 odd contract players signed for next year I'm pretty sure about 16 are Cabra juniors, I would doubt that any other Bundy club would come close to that.
As to the two players holding the club to ransom, despite having their pay cut for the second year in a row they have signed again. They were offered more to leave Cabra but decided to stay. Not sure if that is disloyal. They also chased up sponsors for the club through their contacts. May just be a little jealousy on your behalf that you never achieved the level of these two

Man I have no hangups about what level I played at, or didnt.
I am just a fan who wants the best for the club and don't see it your way so dont be trying to put me on show.
Over the years we have had numerous players come into the club and have played with honour, Matt Hamilton, Kim Corbett, the Carr's, the Doyles, Keith Heckenberg just to name a few and they have all had one thing in common, they wanted to be at the club before they were anywhere else and they played like it.
I simply dont see that with these two and you can rant all you like about them getting offers from elsewhere and staying cause that aint true, they offered themselves to other clubs and got knocked back, that's the truth whether you like it or not.
You sound like you have a pretty good handle on the running of the club (maybe you are an official who is protecting his desicion) so maybe you can give us an explanation or opinion as to why we went from grand finalists to almost wooden spoon overnight?

Roland

Juniors
In the games I saw Small was Cabra's best forward by a mile and Dallalana provided most of the creativity in attack.

Cabra scored enough tries to win games. They scored more points than Mounties and Mounties finished in the top 4.

The problem was the defence. Too many easy tries conceded. The coaches need to fix this.

Roland

Juniors
In the games I saw Small was Cabra's best forward by a mile and Dallalana provided most of the creativity in attack.

Cabra scored enough tries to win games. They scored more points than Mounties and Mounties finished in the top 4.

The problem was the defence. Too many easy tries conceded. The coaches need to fix this.

I am just a fan who wants the best for the club and don't see it your way so dont be trying to put me on show.
Over the years we have had numerous players come into the club and have played with honour, Matt Hamilton, Kim Corbett, the Carr's, the Doyles, Keith Heckenberg just to name a few and they have all had one thing in common, they wanted to be at the club before they were anywhere else and they played like it.
I simply dont see that with these two and you can rant all you like about them getting offers from elsewhere and staying cause that aint true, they offered themselves to other clubs and got knocked back, that's the truth whether you like it or not.
You sound like you have a pretty good handle on the running of the club (maybe you are an official who is protecting his desicion) so maybe you can give us an explanation or opinion as to why we went from grand finalists to almost wooden spoon overnight?

The reason is simple , end of 2009 club officials decided to take on the Cronulla sharks Nsw cup, pay them $350 a win n the Bundy $300 a win . Somebody forgot to contact any of the players , 10 players from GF team were signed by other clubs i dont blame them . 2010 we started from scratch again . We are well in front of where we were last yr recruitment wise . Starting from scratch n losing quality players didn't help us at all

Also forgot to add Parramatta officials knocked the sharks idea on the head 1wk before pre season training . Plan B there was no plan B

Footy Tragic

Juniors
You have a fair point mate.
I'm not an official, but a passionate supporter like you that is lucky enough to get some inside info at times. I just think your pretty harsh on the two boys. But your entitled to your opinion.
I think the issue from last year as you said was the tries we leaked but that come from a total lack of ball control and then not having the hardened players of 2009 to defend the mistakes. They seemed to defend ok against Mounties, Windsor and The Entrance when they held the ball.

Footy Tragic

Juniors
The reason is simple , end of 2009 club officials decided to take on the Cronulla sharks Nsw cup, pay them $350 a win n the Bundy $300 a win . Somebody forgot to contact any of the players , 10 players from GF team were signed by other clubs i dont blame them . 2010 we started from scratch again . We are well in front of where we were last yr recruitment wise . Starting from scratch n losing quality players didn't help us at all
Think you'll find the players were brought into meet with the club officials when it looked like the Cronulla deal was going ahead, and told of those payments. Many of the players, including juniors, decided they wouldn't play for that money (fair enough) so they signed elsewhere. When the Cronulla deal was rejected by Parra and there was more money in the Bundy budget most the players had gone elsewhere