What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bunnies vs team masquerading as Raiders

1. Dugan- If he can get a full pre-season under his belt, he has the potential to win the Dally M in 2012.
2. Ferguson- Been on of the shining lights in 2011. Needs to get those errors out of his game and has the potential to be one of the best wingers in the game.
3. Croker- Needs to pull his finger out. We know what potential he has, and for some reason has not realised it in 2011.
4. Thompson- Am now more than happy to have him in centres. Been great lately.
5. Vidot- See Croker
6. Campese- Let's just pray that he can have a full pre season, and can remain injury free in 2011. If not we are screwed.
7. McCrone- His ability to be used as on the right, plus his experience just gives him the edge over Williams. Can be used in dummy half later in the game. Been up and down in 2011, but at the same time has been one of our better players.
8. White- Been one of our best this season. Has showed a bit of inconsistency. Needs to fire from the get go in 2012.
9. Buttriss- Time for him to become our No.1 dummy half. Just needs to be more consistent.
10. Shillington- Started the season off like garbage, but has found form towards the back end of 2011.
11. Papalii- Started his career off akin to a Tariq Sims, but has since been quieter. Just showing signs of a rookie in his first season.
12. Harrison- 2011 has been very underwhelming for him. Like some, needs to pull his finger out as we have more than adequate second rowers to replace him with.
13. Fensom- Been ourbest in 2011. Already one of the games leading locks.

14. Williams- Very tempted to use him as out starting halfback bu his inexperience has limited him to a spot on the bench. Gives us the luxury of moving McCrone to dummy-half some time during the game.
15. Picker- Like Harrison, Croker and Vidot has been very ordinary in 2011. Needs to pull his finger out, as he has an immense amount of potential.
16. Learoyd-Lahrs- See Shillington.
17. Tilse- Has been solid throughout the whole year. Needs to lift it a gear, though, in 2012.

18- Thurling
19- Mataora
20- Galea
21- Robinson
22- Low
23- McIlwrick
24- Ioane
25- Massey

Last edited:

shear_joy9

Coach
One of the main factors that has been overlooked is experience.

When it comes to player match experience we are regularly coming up against the better teams that have a combined total of around 1700-2100 games. Even the mid to lower table teams are around 1400-1700 games, whereas we average about 1100-1200 games.

The difference between us and a team like St. George or Manly is that we have a small handful of players with over 100 games, whereas those teams, someone with under 100 games is the exception.

I am fairly certain that we have also permanently promoted the largest number of Toyota Cup players to first grade.

We clearly have the most inexperienced squad in the entire comp.

the problem is that it's the experienced players that have let the side down this season.

tongue, shillington and harrison have been horrendous. Props to white though, he certainly stepped up in the second half of the season.

Cryptic

Juniors
Shillington has been much better in the last few games at least... He is putting on some good hits out there, etc and making a lot more metres than he was earlier in the year...

Shillington and White should be our starting props in 2012. TLL and Tilse often do better off the bench anyway, but like our entire team, we need to get the mistakes out...

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
it seems common sence to me... that if you have a very inexperienced squad wouldnt you want to employ a coach with plenty of experience to help them develop???

thats what i would do..

White has impressed me this year , I was one of the biggest critics when we signed him but he has proven me wrong over and over.

He did have a slow start but once he moved to the starting spot he showed his worth. Ive also been impressed with the stories that Ive read about his off field influence.

I just hope 2012 is a kinder year with injuries

doggie_4_life

Juniors
If you guys didn't make that run last year and snuck into the finals, do you think that furner would still have the coaching job? according to others on this forum, you need to lose like 28 games in a row in order for him to be sacked :sarcasm:
i don't think it's a smart move by the board to let the CEO employ his brother as coach, but that's just one mans opinion

bileduct

Coach
If you guys didn't make that run last year and snuck into the finals, do you think that furner would still have the coaching job? according to others on this forum, you need to lose like 28 games in a row in order for him to be sacked :sarcasm:
I think that people would be burning the place down had we not had that good run at the end of last season.

Given the circumstances this year I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. But if we are not a top 8 team next year, even if Campese is injured again for the whole season, he's gotta go.
i don't think it's a smart move by the board to let the CEO employ his brother as coach, but that's just one mans opinion
I don't think you'll find anyone here that disagrees with you.

Latest posts