What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burgess in the clear

dingalingbell

Juniors
Fast Eddie said:
I have watched quite a few ESL games and personally get bored/annoyed by the constant linebreaks. Really becomes quite boring when there is nearly and linbreak/error every set. Tackling is a secondary thought. But meh, I'll stick to the NRL, you can stick to the ESL.

Oh and btw I remember back in 1954 Billy John put in a similar high shot and wasn't suspended so it is understandable why Burgess wasn't.......

That's fine. Compare prob the worst NRL finals series in years to this year's SL finals series (easily the best on record). Even the most one eyed Kiwi/Aussie who watches SL would have to admit that the SL was far more entertaining.

As a pom who watches a lot of NRL I would have said prior to '07 that the NRL was more entertaining. This season just gone the SL was by far the more entertaining of the two. The one area the NRL is still vastly superior is the strength in depth.

I agree with what Fairleigh Good says about the play the ball in the NRL. There seems to be such an emphasis on wrestling over there these days it slows the game down too much and spoils the spectacle.

deluded pom?

Coach
aqua_duck said:
Watching SL is like watching a bunch of fijians run around the local park and the score is like 50-40. Its quick, but there's nothing resembling defence. I mean FFS Brad Drew scores length of the field tries

:lol: :lol: :lol:
FFS Parra put sixty on the defending Premiers in the NRL playoffs this season. When was it that Canberra shipped seventy points AT HOME to the Knights? Check some of the scorelines in the NRL this year before gobbing off next time.

Micistm

Bench
Lol, haven't been on here for a while, but I knew the Pom fans would be nodding the heads in agreement over this joke.
IMHO, the GB side has always been the dirtiest in League- No doubt their fans will disagree- But unfortunately now they have got a licence to be so.
Expect the Kiwis to come out and fight fire with fire. And watch as one of ours gets sited. Absolutely atrocious.

Micistm

Bench
Manu Vatuvei said:
The ridiculous thing is, all of this talk about mitigating features is absolute nonsense. It was a stone-cold high shot, a textbook example. Moimoi didn't fall in to it, his arm didn't come up off the ball, Burgess wasn't wrong-footed. In other words, Moimoi ran a straight line and Burgess aimed the tackle AT HIS HEAD, in something rather resembling a deliberate manner.

I'm not saying it was the high shot of the century, I'm just saying it was a blatant high tackle in the truest sense of the word. One bloke runs straight at another and the defender goes straight for the head.

You have to be suspended for those, ffs

What happened about the Ellis tackle on Leuluai as well, same deal. Straight on the jaw, reminiscent of SBW on Andrew Johns (send-off + 3 week suspension?)

Exactly. It was a text book example of what should get you a suspension. The arguement was apparently that his arm 'bounced up' WTF???!!! What video are they reviewing?! Full speed, slow mo, watch it how you will but the arm goes straight to the head, off nothing.
The 2 of 3 on the board that voted the way they did if not biased are incompetant. One or the other. And either way should be out of their job.

Latest posts