What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burleigh vs Wynnum

chileman

Coach
Well I haven't actually been to a match at Pizzey Park yet although I've been to the club a couple of times.....this Sunday I'll be there with a couple of my mates, should be a cracker game and a good crowd! So if you see a couple of guys in their Manly jerseys (sacriledge I know at a QRL game :lol: ) come over and ask for chileman and say g'day :D We'll be in the club before hand watching the Manly vs Warriors game and having a few quiet ones....it's my birthday Sunday ;-)

Sydney Carton

Juniors
chileman said:
Well I haven't actually been to a match at Pizzey Park yet although I've been to the club a couple of times.....this Sunday I'll be there with a couple of my mates, should be a cracker game and a good crowd! So if you see a couple of guys in their Manly jerseys (sacriledge I know at a QRL game :lol: ) come over and ask for chileman and say g'day :D We'll be in the club before hand watching the Manly vs Warriors game and having a few quiet ones....it's my birthday Sunday ;-)

Enjoy the day Chileman and happy birthday for Sunday. My tip Wynnum by 1. :p

I'll be at Bashup Park watching the Dolphins demolish the Devils.

Chile...many happy returns for the weekend mate.

Unfortunately I can see 0 from 2 in the matches you will be watching.

Stewbum...the same...Norths to win.

GO THE TIGES!

You picked a good game to watch chileman. Enjoy your day out and have a good one.

I'll be heading out to Purtell to watch Wests v Tugun on Saturday. Unfortunately, due to work, I may have to miss the action at Bashup Park.

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
You did pick a good game to watch arguably the game of the round.

And enjoy your birthday.

So will you cheering for Wynnum while wearing Burleigh colours.

chileman

Coach
Sgt Schultz said:
You did pick a good game to watch arguably the game of the round.

And enjoy your birthday.

So will you cheering for Wynnum while wearing Burleigh colours.
Yes I know....but I just couldn't bring myself to wear anything red and green unless Russell Crowe buys me a birthday cake :lol: Go Wynnum :D

XXXX Cap

Juniors
See you there Chileman. Just look for the XXXX Cap (surprise !).

The top two grades should be ripper matches. The A Grade team of both Clubs would be competitive in Queensland Cup.

Burleigh's Cup side is daunting on paper and Pizzey Park is always a challenge but Wynnum have a reasonable record against Burleigh so I'm hopeful.

chileman

Coach
I was looking for you XXXX Cap......I was standing on the hill behind two ladies with red, white and green scarves on ;-) game seemed to change when Greenie went off..Wynnum were carving them up the middle of the park but just couldn't convert it into points in that first half....no Green in the 2nd half and Wynnum seemed to lack direction although I think they won the fights :lol: Knuckles can't help himself :oops:

gullsfan

Juniors
And I was straight in front of those politely spoken lasses Chile. To top it off the camel jockey woman ("yi-yi-yi-yi-yi") was up the back a bit further, you must have had her in your ear almost.
It's a shame when the supporters that annoy you most are from your own club. I've never seen those scarve girls before ever.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Sgt Schultz said:
XXXX Cap I heard the referee was terrible, I'm sure you would have let him know how he was going.

Actually didn't think he did a bad job. I've always thought Tony Long is OK as a referee. There were dubious calls leading up to a couple of Burleigh's tries and they got the penalties about 13-7 but overall he was fairly consistent. As with past Gulls-Bears clashes, it wasn't an easy game to handle with the forwards battle pretty fiery.

I was standing against the fence towards the far end of the clubhouse - similar to our usual Kougari spot. Glad to hear the lady (?) from the canteen at Kougari kept the other boys entertained with her animal sounds. :lol:

chileman

Coach
gullsfan said:
And I was straight in front of those politely spoken lasses Chile. To top it off the camel jockey woman ("yi-yi-yi-yi-yi") was up the back a bit further, you must have had her in your ear almost.
It's a shame when the supporters that annoy you most are from your own club. I've never seen those scarve girls before ever.
:oops: Yes she was right behind me for the first half....I moved the 2nd half though :lol:

Latest posts