What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Bye Finals

Alan Shore

First Grade
With that loss we're GGGGOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNEEEEE. Even if we scrape 8th spot we'll be mere cannon fodder for Canberra.

Tash

Juniors
Well this has been a very disappointing season so far,i want to stay optimisitic and say yeah we will be in the finals but theres what only 13 games left in the season and we would have to win pretty much all of them.
It's looking more and more like the year is over for the Sharkies :(

Alan Shore

First Grade
Tash said:
Well this has been a very disappointing season so far,i want to stay optimisitic and say yeah we will be in the finals but theres what only 13 games left in the season and we would have to win pretty much all of them.
It's looking more and more like the year is over for the Sharkies :(

Even if we make them we'll be mere cannon fodder for the Raiders as I said. We won't be making an impact.

Tash

Juniors
Tama would just like to ask you where do you think we went wrong this year??
Is it the flat attack,too many young guys,what??
cause the boys seem to be going out there and trying there guts out.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Tash said:
Tama would just like to ask you where do you think we went wrong this year??
Is it the flat attack,too many young guys,what??
cause the boys seem to be going out there and trying there guts out.

From my view it's the fact that we let several experienced high quality players such as McKenna and Mellor go (particularly in the backs) and replaced them with neville dropkicks like Kent. The fallout between Anderson and Treister & Graham certainly didn't help either. The loss of Matty Johns is bigger than what everyone thought it would be as well.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Anderson is really showing us how to get rid of the 'losing culture'. Next year is not looking much better at this point.
I want Langy back.

legend

Coach
Still time for the Sharks. By my reckoning, they will need to win 9 of their last 13 matches to scrape into the finals.

Anderson really needs to go into the market for some talent otherwise next year will be no different.

Alan Shore

First Grade
legend said:
Still time for the Sharks. By my reckoning, they will need to win 9 of their last 13 matches to scrape into the finals.

Anderson really needs to go into the market for some talent otherwise next year will be no different.

We're chasing hard after Vagana, which is a good sign. Hannay would be great as well. O'Donnell would be good for our backrow, as would Shipway.

legend

Coach
I would go harder after Hannay than Vagana. Hannay is the best goalkicker in the NRL but I don't think he will leave North Qld but if you check out the lower grades, there are ome value buys IMO. Just stay away from Canberra an there'll be no issues from my end. :lol:

Vagana would be good but does anyone seriously think he is worth 350k per season? [-X

wattsy32

Juniors
Card Shark This is an archive threat from 2003, it was obviously 13 games till the end when the topic was put in 2003. The topic was brought up for the thread title, Bye Bye Finals which i believe is not the case yet, as long as they played like a team in the second half. Much Better than anytime against souths

b_shark

Juniors
Bye Bye Final's - in week 5 ??? - jaysus - way to death ride your team !!!!- agree the first half was razor blade material - but the second half showed promise - just need to get some confidence in being able to actually put the ball down over the line

Latest posts