What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Bye

parra pete

Referee
Or the Irish commando unit that got caught breaking in to the Iranian zoo trying to release all the ostriches.....(might be too dated for the kids on here!!!)

Haynzy

First Grade
hey can someone with lots of time on their hands collate who has had the last post in all of the threads on this board?

That could make for some interesting reading

Eelectrica

Referee
At the start of the year I was doing a dumb experiment of sorts for my own amusement.
The premise is that every week the the NRL championship is on the line.

I've just spent a couple of minutes updating it, , and posting the results for this silly thread.
Interestingly enough we get our first shot at the Title this Monday night. \\\\:D/

Here are the results thus far:
- (C)=Champion
- * = Title change

WCNRL
1. Brisbane (C) V Cowboys: 16-23*
2. Cowboys (C) V Roosters: 43-6
3. Dragons V Cowboys (C): 18-22
4. Cowboys (C) V Tigers: 25-24
5. Warriors V Cowboys (C): 34-14*
6. Warriors (C) Bye
7. Souths V Warriors (C): 16-18
8. Warriors (C) V Sharks: 20-22*
9. Sharks (C) V Broncos: 16-8
10. Bulldogs V Sharks (C): 20-30
11. Sharks (C) V Roosters: 12-13*
12. Roosters (C) V Knights: 18-22*
13. Knights (C) V Tigers: 14-33*
14. Tigers (C) V Titans: 14-16*
15. Titans (C) V Knights: 28-22
16. Titans (C) V Warriors: 6-22*
17. Cowboys V Warriors (C): 18-12*
18. Cowboys (C) V Broncos: 16-24*
19. Broncos (C) V Parra

Teams with title run + (Total weeks held):
Broncos (2)
Cowboys (5)
Warriors (4)
Sharks (3)
Roosters (1)
Knights (1)
Tigers (1)
Titans (2)

bartman

Immortal
Took me a while to understand what you were doing there, but if it starts with the Premiers and stays with whoever takes it off them it's like a game of tag...

Hope we go well in our first chance at taking up the title and having a run.

Eelectrica

Referee
parra-matters said:
ok then so if we beat the Broncos were are title holders and have to defend it next week?
Yeah, that's the premise of the whole thing. Following the path of the NRL title throughout the season, see who holds it and for how long.

It's a bit cold as it currently stands, like reading an Excel spreadsheet, I'll try and spice things up a bit.

Eelectrica

Referee
Title game pre-match interview with Daniel Weedier.

Daniel Weedier: We've got the Eels coach Michael Hagan here for interview going into this huge Monday night game.

Daniel Weedier: Michael, big game this monday night, chance to keep third spot on the table and also your first crack at the NRL title for this year?

Michael Hagan: I've won a couple of those before you know.

DW: NRL titles?

MH: Yeah, not as hard as some people make out.

DW: With the Broncos injury worries you're going into this game as favorites, does that make it tougher?

MH: We can't be favorites! We're playing the defending champions on there home turf and somehow we're favorites? Just because one of their guys gets a minor bump on the knee and apparentyly can't play again this year. Someone else get's a tickle in his upper leg, all we here about is poor Broncos this, poor Broncos that. Wah, Wah Wah. Cry me a frickin' river FFS. We've got busted players too you know.

MH: Very tough one to win with all the all the obsticles in front of us quite frankly, but we're confident that if we play our best, we'll come away with the Title and keep our position on the ladder. So Broncos bring your best because we'll be bringing ours.

DW: Thanks mick and good luck on the game.
DW: We've now got Wayne Bennet who might say a word or two. Maybe.
DW: So Wayne Parra are coming to town on Monday night, big game for you?

Wayne Bennet: Yes

DW: Disrupted preparation, how has it been?

WB: Disrupted

DW: Losing two playmakers, have you got anyone to step up?

WB: * Points to Tony Carroll *

DW: Last time you defended you title up here you lost it to the Cowboys, but won it back from them last week. Is it tough being champion?

WB: * Nods in agreement *

DW. Well we thank Wayne for his comments leading up to this big game, should be a classic.

Latest posts