What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye T.O (Huge Story out of Philly)

skeepe

Immortal
Mal Meninga said:
I'm still wondering what would happen if Mcnabb got injured... and TO stated "Well heck now we're definately gonna win the superbowl!" how much backlash he'd get. Because Mcnabb pretty much said the same thing about TO, yet no-one said a word.

bullsh*t. McNabb said that Owens not being there was a big loss, but they felt they could still get to the Superbowl without him.

Mal Meninga

Bench
WestsRobbo said:
Being a 49ers fan..... All I can say is he is never going to change its all about him.
I'm a niner fan too.... And I don't think that's true. I think it's all about winning when it comes to TO. Winning, something that Donovan Mcnabb forgot about in the superbowl. With not enough time left to piss fart around, and should be playing no huddle he needed the heimlich remover on him.

That's what it's all about for TO. When their is a geniune chance of winning, he's a team player. Notice how Steve Young kept him under control? "The Catch 2" where TO had tears streaming down his eyes as he made one of the greatest players in NFL history. If you win, he doesn't say a word. When you lose, he won't hack it and not afraid to tell everybody.

And no-one remembers 2nd place.... The Eagles run to the superbowl had more to do with their defense killing Mick Vick and not Donovan Mcnabb running up the scoreboard. He's been known to struggle in the big games.

skeepe said:
bullsh*t. McNabb said that Owens not being there was a big loss, but they felt they could still get to the Superbowl without him.

That's right. McNabb wasn't knocking TO, but TO took it the wrong way because he's an egotist. TO did show great courage in playing in the SB, and he's a great talent, but this year he should've just shut up and played.

WestsRobbo

Juniors
Mal Meninga said:
I'm a niner fan too.... And I don't think that's true. I think it's all about winning when it comes to TO. Winning, something that Donovan Mcnabb forgot about in the superbowl. With not enough time left to piss fart around, and should be playing no huddle he needed the heimlich remover on him.

That's what it's all about for TO. When their is a geniune chance of winning, he's a team player. Notice how Steve Young kept him under control? "The Catch 2" where TO had tears streaming down his eyes as he made one of the greatest players in NFL history. If you win, he doesn't say a word. When you lose, he won't hack it and not afraid to tell everybody.

And no-one remembers 2nd place.... The Eagles run to the superbowl had more to do with their defense killing Mick Vick and not Donovan Mcnabb running up the scoreboard. He's been known to struggle in the big games.

Wrong man....
He was into Garcia win or loss.
He was into Greg Knapp win or loss.

Dont get me wrong I like the guy, he is a hell of an athlete and I know he cares about winning.
Its just that he cares about himself more!

btw the Catch 2 was well before the "Ego" had consumed him.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Greg Knapp is a JOKE and if you watched A GAME of his playcalling, you too would spit fire at him. He was a disgrace of a playcaller, and never got the best out of his players, a poor man's Marty Morhinweg.
As for ripping Garcia win or loss? I think not. When he was winning, such as vs the G-Men he couldn't praise Garcia enough. The only time I remember him ripping Garcia was when he was asked if he was gay and had a weak arm, after he'd left San Fran.

Watch analysts tell you that The Catch 2 was the moment where TO became something else. I still think that with the right leader, in say Steve Young back than, he was kept in line. But with weak mentality's like Mcnabb, he knew what he'd say would get the better of Mcnabb.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
douglasallen91 said:
if seattle want to go the cheap way and not re-sign shawn alex (wrong in my opinion) they could get owens cheaper.

Swapping Alexander for Owens would be like swapping a Ferrari for a Mitsubishi.

kurt faulk

Coach
Cockadoodledoo said:
Swapping Alexander for Owens would be like swapping a Ferrari for a Mitsubishi.

you don't give alexander enough credit, he's much better than a mitsubishi.

maybe a v8 commodore or falcon.

alexander can get the yards and tds against the pitiful run ds but he's not so crash hot against the stiffer defences.

maybe that's why he hasn't got his big payday.

you think if the seagulls thought they had all that they wouldn't have already signed him up long term.

he's a bully and when a run d stands up to him he goes missing.

owens had already proven himself against the best, let's see alexander do it.

Paullyboy

Coach
Im not sure if you were being a smart arse or not there mate but i dont think you were judging by the rest of your post.

I think you'll find he was calling Owens the mitsubishi, not Alexander.

J-Man

Juniors
Shaun Alexander is having a tremendous season, and could very well be the MVP.
He leads the NFL in rushing yards, and rushing TD's, and by quite a margin in both.

Right now, given the choice, I'd take Alexander over TO.

kurt faulk

Coach
Paullyboy said:
Im not sure if you were being a smart arse or not there mate but i dont think you were judging by the rest of your post.

I think you'll find he was calling Owens the mitsubishi, not Alexander.

you think?

and yes i was being a smartarse but i thought the rest of my post confirmed this.

his discription is laugable and i gave my reasons as to why i believe it to be so.

kurt faulk

Coach
J-Man said:
Shaun Alexander is having a tremendous season, and could very well be the MVP.
He leads the NFL in rushing yards, and rushing TD's, and by quite a margin in both.

Right now, given the choice, I'd take Alexander over TO.

who has he played against to accumulate all those yards and tds ?

let's see.

the cardinals, twice.
the rams, twice.
the falcons.
houston.

what did he do against the jaguars, cowboys and redskins - not much.

the seagulls lost to two of them and fluked a win against the cowboys in the last minute.

you think alexander is the kind of rb that will win you a game in the playoffs against the better defences? i don't and apparently the seagulls aren't quite sure either.

WestsRobbo

Juniors
Mal Meninga said:
Greg Knapp is a JOKE and if you watched A GAME of his playcalling, you too would spit fire at him. He was a disgrace of a playcaller, and never got the best out of his players, a poor man's Marty Morhinweg.
As for ripping Garcia win or loss? I think not. When he was winning, such as vs the G-Men he couldn't praise Garcia enough. The only time I remember him ripping Garcia was when he was asked if he was gay and had a weak arm, after he'd left San Fran.

Watch analysts tell you that The Catch 2 was the moment where TO became something else. I still think that with the right leader, in say Steve Young back than, he was kept in line. But with weak mentality's like Mcnabb, he knew what he'd say would get the better of Mcnabb.

Greg Knapp seems to be going alright in Atlanta!
You must have missed his last season in SF if you cant remember him ripping Garcia before he left. It was very well documented that they never spoke for the last half season! In fact he was saying on his website the only way he would consider staying was if Rattay was made starter.

The Catch 2 was the moment TO became something else...An "ego"!!!
But I do agree that things might have been different for him had Young not been retired.