What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye week - 16 points - Half Way - The run home

ScotaaySharkie

Juniors
Yep,
The women are good
The Vodka is good
The weather is by far some of the crappest in the known world.

On another note dragons always play well at WIN and i wouldn't care if they were versing the top team on the ladder i'd still tip st george to win it down there.

sharkmachine07

Juniors
we can't settle for a top eight finish if we make the semi's we have to go for victory and go for the premiership hope we take it all this year.

Creace

Juniors
i dont care how many times we have beaten them, they are hopless. we will dominate them, bring on 50

McLovin

Staff member
Creace said:
i dont care how many times we have beaten them, they are hopless. we will dominate them, bring on 50

They can still run around the defence cant they? :?

newman

First Grade
wouldn't care if they were versing the top team on the ladder

I love it how kids say this these days. Versing? Is that like writing the other team poetry, or a little sonnet?

The Nulla

Juniors
Cowboys (a) Loss - 50/50, We have struggled up there in the recent past. They do have players out but we have to step up.

Eagles (h) Win - Great record against them at home. We want the Rogers trophey back

Knights (a) Loss - Record not bad up there of late but can't tip us with any confidence

Broncos (a) Win - I think we will give it to them up there this year.

Tigers (h) Win - Tough game. If its a good timeslot we will get them

Roosters (a) Draw - 50/50, See below comments

Storm (a) Loss - We do go well against them down there. Realistically I think we will take either the Roosters game or the Storm.

Knights (h) Win - May be our gutsiest of the year.

Warriors (a) Loss - Terrible record over there. Hopefully a day match.

Eels (h) Win - They go well here but we will need the wins at this stage

Panthers (h) Win - Players returning fitting in well and we are starting to get momentum

Dragons (a) Loss - WOULD LOVE THE WIN though

Raiders (h) Win - Big win as we cement a top 6 position.

7 more wins and a draw.

31 points

Top 6 !

I was pretty hard on us too, so top 4 looks strong possibility.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Cowboys (a) Win With their players out we should get up, they aren't playing that well atm either.

Eagles (h) Win - We always seem to beat them at home.

Knights (a) Loss - With the knights coming off the buy nice and fresh at EA stadium I reckon they will do us.

Broncos (a) Win - No origin players = win hopefully

Tigers (h) 50/50 - We dont seem to fare well against the tigers, this game could really go either way.

Roosters (a) win - roosters are crap

Storm (a) Loss - We could do it, but i'll put down a loss.

Knights (h) 50/50 - Dont really know.

Warriors (a) Win - Warriors suck.

Eels (h) Win - Bit of a mystery, at this stage ill tp a win.

Panthers (h) Win - SHould bet them at home.

Dragons (a) Loss - WOULD LOVE THE WIN though

Raiders (h) Win - shoudlnt pose too much of a problem, but u never really know with Canberra.

Even if we loose both those 50/50 games we'll get 8 more wins.

32 points

If we are lucky top 4.

The bye bores me.

Card Shark

Immortal
Cowboys (away) Lose
Sea Eagles (home) Win
Knights (away) Lose
Broncos (away) Win
Tigers (home) Lose
Roosters (away) Lose
Storm (away) Win
Knights (home) Win
Warriors (away) Win
Eels (home) Win
Panthers (home) Win
Dragons (away) Lose
Raiders (home) Win

By my reckoning from 8 from 13 will give us 32 points - finish about 5th.

Since 73

First Grade
Gee, I have enough trouble tipping the Sharks on a weekly basis in the tipping comp, let alone figuring out whether they'll win or lose in 8 weeks time.

I know this though, the season is set up for us at the moment.

We are 4 points off top spot and maybe 2 on Sunday night.

We have 2 games in the next few weeks against the QLD teams - both have their elite players out due to SOO.

We are the 2nd highest pointscoring team in the comp. A fact which means 2things. Firstly, we are forcing our opponents to score in excess of 30 points to beat us, and secondly this is the sign that a team is travelling nicely and working as a team.

We have 2 of our most dangerous players to come back into the team within the next 4 weeks - Thommo and Dykes.

We also have 3 of our last 4 games going into the semis at home.

How we are placed this well after 12 rounds after our bad start and inhouse problems is incredible. Most teams having an equal win/loss ratio has sure helped on top of our turn around when BK got injured.

If we want a home semi this year we have to look no further than ourselves.
It is all set up for us.
Are we good enough to take it?

The next few weeks are huge for us.
We play 3 teams away - Cowboys, Knights and Broncos. They are all above us on the table and we could basically jump 2 of them on the table.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Just got to take it one game at a time, then things should start falling into place towards September...

right on the money there. As a long time supporter, i just cant get carried away. No confidence at all in them. Been there done that. I will say that they are travelling well, but it will be interesting how we go when dykes returns.......

Latest posts