What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C.91.3

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
I know radio station C 91.3 are our short (back) sponsors but how about some more footy info on the station.
They should have an hour sports show every Saturday morning i reckon.

Whats the feel amongst the rest of you?

Mad Tiger

Juniors
I think they should cover our Matches, or at least have regular updates on them every time we play... They give nothing...

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Yeah ok 2GB have the rights but that doesn't stop them from putting a sports show on every Saturday moring ah la MMM deadset legends. Only this would have more of a Western Suburbs feel. I know MG does a Monday and Friday wrap but get him on Saturday mornings and interview some of the Tige's players and take some talkback.

Gobbso

Juniors
Yeah why not, why not get a sport/footy show happening on the Station. Great idea. They'd be behind us 100% too...Another way of getting the Joint-Venture club being able to identify itself with its community/area.

BJ

Juniors
when c 91.3 came on as sponsors i thought them airing games would be a good idea, especially on a sunday arvo when it's not on tv or it's the 6 replay on foxtel or you can't get it at all on radio, or at least regular updates. and as gobs said it would show that the JV is getting behind the local community.. or at least 1 half of it's local community.

Wrighty79

Juniors
BJ said:
when c 91.3 came on as sponsors i thought them airing games would be a good idea, especially on a sunday arvo when it's not on tv or it's the 6 replay on foxtel or you can't get it at all on radio, or at least regular updates. and as gobs said it would show that the JV is getting behind the local community.. or at least 1 half of it's local community.

They sponsor us, not the other way around, and with the broadcast rights, it's not like they can just broadcasat any game willy-nilly.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
BJ said:

Airing games would be a good idea but would never happen as 2gb have both hands onto those rights (unless of course they link up to 2gb ;-))

To be honest I have never listened to the station but I am surprised being a sponsor of the Wests Tigers that they don't do more towards the JV - they should have a weekly section even if its just for an hour in which 1 of the WTS goes onto the show and people can ask them questions (something along those lines anyway)

Wrighty79

Juniors
It is exactly what we need. Good, positive exposure. Campbo is a Rugby League heartland, the show would rate... Does anyone here know anything regarding the management structure / station affialtes etc, of C91.3???

HOT028

Juniors
Wrighty79 said:
It is exactly what we need. Good, positive exposure. Campbo is a Rugby League heartland, the show would rate... Does anyone here know anything regarding the management structure / station affialtes etc, of C91.3???

Iwill PM you with the information...

C91 only wants coverage (advertising) off players a$$e$, as if theyd put anything towards the WT even though they r sponsors, sure they give out there stickers at the games.Its like hey we have a team out here.. but we dont care we want u to listen to our station to build up ratings and keep there radio station on air.
I dont think they give a stuff about our club, they r just usuing us like Don smallgoods..etc..to get coverage, jump on the bandwagon..
Id love for som1 to proove me wrong though ;-)

thats my opinion anyway

Wrighty79

Juniors
HOT028 said:
Wrighty79 said:

Iwill PM you with the information...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are on fire today Scotty!

BJ

Juniors
i know they can't air the games or whatever.. but a little bit more of involvement from them would be nice..
granted when they have a news update every hour or whatever it is 9/10 they have some sort of a mention of the tigers in the sports section of the news..

Ctown Boy

Juniors
I know Phil Giblin, Station manager at C91.3.. I have met him throguh doing radio with my school he supported us and let me tell you that they do an absolutely fantastic job in the Campbelltown area. They donated a mixer to us to use for our radio show and offered the road crew and prizes and give aways for us to use, in return all we did was give em a plug on our website and on air.. He is a good bloke and they are doing a good job, you have to remember that they are a RADIO station and they do need to focus on the target markets and they have certain budgets so they cant just go and do anything!

yappy

Bench
They're a music station. They are hardly going to change their format to suit a team that they sponsor.

It's not like they don't give the Tigers (or the Maggies) a very good crack in their news breaks. They basically sponsor everything that moves in Campbelltown (well not quite, but they work really hard on the local station angle) and are really good at promoting them all. Yeah it's all promoting their station (d'uh as if a business forks over dough for any other reason), but it's win-win for everyone involved. It's a bit rich to expect more from them when the club is doing it's best to turn it's back on the area with a grand total of three home games.

King Tigerman

Juniors
but theyd be able to do a sports show on a saturday or sunday morning they could even do an outside broadcast outside campbelltown stadium on game day

also on them calling games it would have to go via 2gb also theyd have to hire football commentators

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
yappy said:
They're a music station. They are hardly going to change their format to suit a team that they sponsor.

It's not like they don't give the Tigers (or the Maggies) a very good crack in their news breaks. They basically sponsor everything that moves in Campbelltown (well not quite, but they work really hard on the local station angle) and are really good at promoting them all. Yeah it's all promoting their station (d'uh as if a business forks over dough for any other reason), but it's win-win for everyone involved. It's a bit rich to expect more from them when the club is doing it's best to turn it's back on the area with a grand total of three home games.

I have alot of respect for a company like that

supporting your local area is a good test of character and not capitalism!

Latest posts