What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cairns trial squad named

Tigerm

First Grade
Of the club’s current NRL squad, only Benji Marshall will not feature in the trial match.

New recruits Ben Matulino, Chris McQueen, Corey Thompson, Josh Reynolds, Mahe Fonua, Pita Godinet, Robbie Rochow, Russell Packer, Taane Milne and Tyson Gamble have all been named in the squad and could play their first game in Wests Tigers colours, while Development Squad forwards Thomas Mikaele and Sam McIntyre have been included following a strong first pre-season with the full-time squad.

Vic Mackey

Referee
From reading Cleary’s comments I’m this one will be treated as a genuine trial with all players getting minutes and lots of combinations rolled out.

I’d say the Sharks one will be a lot more serious

Clifferd

Coach
Yep. Win lose or draw this game is simply just to blow off the cobwebs and looking at the possibles (ie I think Fonua and Milne will play the 80). Cowboys will most likely have the same approach

Marshall isn’t playing because he is expecting the birth of his child btw before anyone asks. Not injury related

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Good to see both Liddle and Matulino named. I thought Liddle in particular was in doubt for round 1.

edit - actually hearing cleary on the video he gave the impression a few guys wont take the field who have niggling injuries, however wanted everyone to go to continue team bonding with it being such a new group. so a few might still not be ready

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Super excited that the Wests Tigers will be playing this weekend.

I read on the webb site it will be streamed live. Does anyone know if it will just be the one camera high angle wide shot with no commentary or can expect to see something better for such an historic game?

Ron's_Mate

Bench
7.55pm: Power has been restored at Barlow Park and kick-off is now scheduled for 8.10pm.

More than 78,000 customers across the Far North have been affected by the power outage, which was due to an unexpected fault on Powerlink’s high-voltage transmission.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Esan Marsters offload leads to a line break which Corey Thompson finishes off in the corner. Us 4-0

Vozzy

Juniors
How bad an unprofessional is commentary these days. "Good offload for the try I think it was Naquama" like are they f**king blind Kevin is playing on the left his hair is enough for them to know.

Latest posts