What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Ciraldo

Sideline Eye

Juniors
Not much has been said, but I thought he was going great guns until boofhead replaced him.
I really like him at lock, big and mobile with a good offload ( if he's allowed that is) and did alot of good defensive work in the middle.
Idiot coach should try to mould him like SB Williams, running a little wider with say Kearney following him for the offload.
He is a good athlete, easily an 80 minute player who with a little extra bulk over the offseason, could be a gun for 2007.

PJ

First Grade
Roper will f@ck him, try and turn him into a battering ram or drop him one week and recall him the week after all year. Then he'll join his friends at other clubs

island pro

Juniors
since his first 2 games last season, I was excited about Ciraldo. I know he has had injuries, but he has hardly been given a crack at fully developing himself into what he could be. Meanwhile, players with less talent and less potential are continually given chance after chance. Ciraldo to be a permanent fixture in the backrow in '07!

zeppelin

Juniors
The problem with Ciraldo is he is a local junior. he probably loves the sharks, wants to play for the sharks forever, so like Hilder, they'll punt him for some kiwi drunk!

gavin_miller

Juniors
I love the fact he is a local and big and full of potential...surely a club looks for that local kid who grew up idolising the team...are they not the ones who will give you that 1% extra effort???

The Shire

Juniors
Hes a talented player although we will screw him up. As if you'd stay at the sharks with that ability though, but if he's local we might have a shot at keeping him.

Thomo.

First Grade
another game this year he was running wide like SBW - exactly SE same mould.

can't remember the game but

Stonecutter

First Grade
If he becomes a consistent starting 2nd row. Who will be punted from the current starting 2nd rowers?? He will probably have to earn his starting jersey from the bench like Bird did this year.

veryhappyshark

Juniors
Sideline Eye said:
Not much has been said, but I thought he was going great guns until boofhead replaced him.
I really like him at lock, big and mobile with a good offload ( if he's allowed that is) and did alot of good defensive work in the middle.
Idiot coach should try to mould him like SB Williams, running a little wider with say Kearney following him for the offload.
He is a good athlete, easily an 80 minute player who with a little extra bulk over the offseason, could be a gun for 2007.

kearney following him for the offload, i was thinkin something more like simmo someone wif a bit of speed

DJDL

First Grade
You're spot on SE.
About the only things to like from our performances over the last few weeks have been the look of Cam and Pom.

Why can't the imbeciles in charge formulate a game plan to involve them more? And by involve I don't mean get them into dummy half and hitting it up, I mean finding them hitting it at pace on the fringes.

Sideline Eye

Juniors
Pomm now injury free looks the goods, again boofhead waited too long to promote him. He at least should have been there as soon as Bails got injured.

Inferno

Coach
Good to see you back again SLE.

I wasn't sure about Cam starting but I think he did enough to keep his spot in the 17.

Hearing any whispers of major events likely to occur in near future mate?

OmniShark

Juniors
Sideline Eye said:
Idiot coach should try to mould him like SB Williams, running a little wider with say Kearney following him for the offload. He is a good athlete, easily an 80 minute player who with a little extra bulk over the offseason, could be a gun for 2007.
Agree SLE - he is potentially a damaging runner/offloader on the edges.

But I think he has to harden up a bit more. Still looks a bit lazy in patches (eg straggles back onside after opposition downtowns). Nothing a good offseason under a good coach can't fix.

Sideline Eye said:
Pomm now injury free looks the goods, again boofhead waited too long to promote him. He at least should have been there as soon as Bails got injured.
Agree 100% SLE

Inferno

Coach
OmniShark said:
Agree SLE - he is potentially a damaging runner/offloader on the edges.

But I think he has to harden up a bit more. Still looks a bit lazy in patches (eg straggles back onside after opposition downtowns). Nothing a good offseason under a good coach can't fix.

Agree 100% SLE

Therin lies the problem. If we had a decent coach he would have improved significantly last offseason.

Special K

Coach
They have been trying to bulk Ciraldo up for years.

He could well be a SBW type player. He has the stats for it he just needs to develop an anger problem and have confidence to call for the ball. The warriors game he was scared sh*tless to get the pill.

He has a really big upside and if he went to a side like the dogs then look out. Hopefully we can retain him next year and improve him but he really needs some anger pills and creatine.

Special K said:
They have been trying to bulk Ciraldo up for years.

He could well be a SBW type player. He has the stats for it he just needs to develop an anger problem and have confidence to call for the ball. The warriors game he was scared sh*tless to get the pill.

He has a really big upside and if he went to a side like the dogs then look out. Hopefully we can retain him next year and improve him but he really needs some anger pills and creatine.

He's got one of those for his coach. But I think it should be spelled 'cretin'.

Latest posts