What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron King

YEHHHBOYYYD

Juniors
Poor King.
He's a great player and i can't wait till he returns.

I get excited every time he touches the ball.

Slackboy72

Coach
We lost Nathan Fien 1/2 hour into the season and he came back 17-18 weeks later and turned around our form slump and made a massive difference out of dummy half in the GF.
Let's hope we see King running around come the business end of this year too.

nrlnrl

First Grade
http://www.dragons.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=38899&title=king-continues-his-recovery
( no 80's video here - sorry guys )

King Continues His Recovery

7/07/2011 12:02:41 PM

St George Illawarra Dragons hooker Cameron King has revealed his injury rehabilitation remains well on track and is optimistic of full health within the coming weeks.
The Wagga junior admits he never game up hope of playing football again this year after suffering what appeared to be a season ending pectoral injury during the reigning Premiers’ Probiz World Club Challenge victory over the Wigan Warriors back in February.
“It was disappointing getting injured over in England but I tried to remain positive and aimed to get back on the field at some point during the season,” said King.
“The injury rehabilitation is going really well at the moment and I’ve been working really hard on strengthening the pectoral muscle back up.”
“I feel that I’m about three weeks away from getting back on the field, where my realistic goal remains about round 20 which just depends on how quickly the muscle strengthens.”
Although he can’t wait to return to the field, the 20-year-old is philosophical about his chances of returning to first-grade straight away.
"Despite the tough Origin period, I feel the team is going pretty well at the moment, where the boys have been putting in each week and the younger guys keep stepping up,” said King.
“Although I could see myself playing in first grade in the next few weeks and helping the team out, realistically I’ll be back in the lower grade to start with and I’ll just be pleased to be playing footy again.”
However, if the opportunity presents itself through injury or form, King believes he can play a major role in the Dragons run in to the semi-finals and the Club’s attempt of claiming successive Premierships.
“If there’s an injury there and I get a chance to play first grade coming into the semi-finals, anything can happen and I know I will take the opportunity with both hands,” said King.
Dragons Performance Director Jeremy Hickmans has noted that several players recovering from their respective injuries, including King, have welcomed this week’s break.
“We have several minor injuries at the moment but we’ll see how the players in question go over the week,” said Hickmans.
“We fortunately have the Bye Round now and will be getting a lot of players back because of it.
“This is their time now to rest and get away from football for the week while bodies and injuries recover leading into the charge towards the finals.”

Divine

Bench
“This is their time now to rest and get away from football for the week while bodies and injuries recover leading into the charge towards the finals.” I'm exited!

Cagey Mac

Bench
It would be good to allow some of our key players to have another week or so off between now and the finals series and having our depth return augurs well to that end

You would think he would slide straight back in above rein in the order. But didn't we just resign rein? I suppose with deanos health we can't have too much cover in the 9

Cagey Mac

Bench
BH is getting on so is Fien, Deano's knee means that his career will be shortened
Rein is a strong as an ox and getting better all the time, King has creativity and skill and can play in several positions. Having both signed for the club makes a lot of sense
They'll both be needed before seasons end too as we look to rest players before the finals run

Latest posts