What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron McInnes

Who’s the better dummyhalf for ‘22 & ‘23?

• Cameron McInnes

Votes: 46 54.8%
  • Ben Hunt

Votes: 38 45.2%

• Total voters

Maddragon99

Juniors
Are we trying to nab B Smith for 2022??? Any chance Robson wants to come back?
Brandon Smith would cost approximately the same as McInnes so what’s the point? where as Andrew McCullough would be much cheaper. This is all about salary cap management.

possm

Coach
Brandon Smith would cost approximately the same as McInnes so what’s the point? where as Andrew McCullough would be much cheaper. This is all about salary cap management.
It might be about playing Griffin's style of football and maybe McInnes does not want to substantially change his style of play.

BLM01

First Grade
There’s definitely some shenanigans going on, I think it’s about McInnes’s asking price, Andrew McCullough is a decent player & much cheaper. McInnes would cost say $1.8M over 3yrs compared to McCullough who’d cost $700-$800K over 2 years.

No shenanigans. All these made up stories and innuendos. Nothing sinister.

Cam with the clubs blessing tested the market and did so in public..why?
likely because after initial discussions with the Dragons the manager says I think you are worth $$$ which is
purposely done so to squeeze more out of the market for his client.
99/100 it will always be higher than the club initially indicates they may have spare or their perception of Cam's worth from initial discussions,

Moving forward...The ball is in our court now to put an offer on the table if we want as the market offers would have come in.
Cam says to his manager I like the other clubs and their offers, manager convinces him its a good offer.
So 4 choices for him;

1. He accepts our offer and conditions and where Hook indicates he will play. 9 or 13
2. He says its less than I can get elsewhere but I still rather stay due to blah blah "window to win a premiership"
3. He says unless the Dragons match it I'd happily go because of blah blah.
4. Cant wait to get out of this joint so i will take anything

3 choices for Dragons
1. Wait for Cam's decision then act
2. Be proactive and inquire and plan for potential replacements if incase he walks and be ready to throw a contract at them if he does.
3. Sign more depth if you believe you need it even if he stays.

Thats it. Thats the way managers work and usually how it pans out.
Decision based on $$ offered weighted against your gut feel and where your manager and life coach convinces you where you should be.

Last edited:

possm

Coach

likely because after initial discussions with the Dragons the manager says I think you are worth $$$ which is
99/100 it will always be higher than the club initially indicates they may have spare or their perception of Cam's worth from initial discussions,

Moving forward...The ball is in our court now to put an offer on the table if we want as the market offers would have come in.
Cam says to his manager I like the other clubs and their offers, manager convinces him its a good offer.
So 4 choices for him;

1. He accepts our offer and conditions and where Hook indicates he will play. 9 or 13
2. He says its less than I can get elsewhere but I still rather stay due to blah blah "window to win a premiership"

3 choices for Dragons
2. Be proactive and inquire and plan for potential replacements if incase he walks and be ready to throw a contract at them if he does.

Decision based on $$ offered weighted against your gut feel and where your manager and life coach convinces you where you should be.
I'd say McInnes is gone and will want to leave before round 1 this season. This is why Griffin is chasing McCullough. B Smith from the Storm is only available for season 2022 and beyond so we will be down a first grade hooker if Griffin does not move Hunt to 9 or if he can't find a replacement in time.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
It might be about playing Griffin's style of football and maybe McInnes does not want to substantially change his style of play.
He wants to play flatter with less structure, it will benefit him hugely. I really hope he at least stays on so we can see how he goes. Madge had him already, did bugger all with him and barely used him. Mary did more with him and that is saying something. I strongly believe if he stays on we are going to see the best out of him.

BLM01

First Grade
I'd say McInnes is gone and will want to leave before round 1 this season. This is why Griffin is chasing McCullough. B Smith from the Storm is only available for season 2022 and beyond so we will be down a first grade hooker if Griffin does not move Hunt to 9 or if he can't find a replacement in time.
Is that so. Why is he gone and leaving in 6 weeks?.All because he and his manager have been open about testing the market.
Why did he bother coming back to training with us then..just go and train at his new club if he wanted to go.
Anything is possible but those a very big assumptions based on?.

Maddragon99

Juniors
I think this is the large part of the problem 98856503-C78D-4031-8049-78AAD46B802E.jpeg

possm

Coach
Is that so. Why is he gone and leaving in 6 weeks?.All because he and his manager have been open about testing the market.
Why did he bother coming back to training with us then..just go and train at his new club if he wanted to go.
Anything is possible but those a very big assumptions based on?.
Griffin wants the team to play a completely different style of play. When a new boss comes in and wants to change everything, sometimes there are comparisons to the former way of doing things or the former staff in charge said aloud or just referenced in thought.

McInnes was and probably still is, a staunch supporter of Mary and might find it difficult coming to terms with the changes Griffin is introducing.

• Griffin has stated that he has not discussed terms of contract with McInnes.
  • Griffin has stated that he has hardly spoken to McInnes at all as he has only just returned to training.
  • Reports are that Griffin is chasing the signature of McCullough very hard.
  • McInnes has not as yet received a release from the Dragons so can't go anywhere until he has one.
Griffin will not release McInnes until he has a suitable replacement. So it is possible that although McInnes has come to terms with another club, he will see out the 2021 season with the Dragons in the same way that Frizell did.

The Tigers and Titans both want him for this season if possible. They are prepared to pay him substantially more than what he is being paid at the moment and guarantee he will play in his preferred position of hooker.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Griffin wants the team to play a completely different style of play. When a new boss comes in and wants to change everything, sometimes there are comparisons to the former way of doing things or the former staff in charge said aloud or just referenced in thought.

McInnes was and probably still is, a staunch supporter of Mary and might find it difficult coming to terms with the changes Griffin is introducing.

• Griffin has stated that he has hardly spoken to McInnes at all as he has only just returned to training.
  • McInnes has not as yet received a release from the Dragons so can't go anywhere until he has one.
Griffin will not release McInnes until he has a suitable replacement. So it is possible that although McInnes has come to terms with another club, he will see out the 2021 season with the Dragons in the same way that Frizell did.

The Tigers and Titans both want him for this season if possible. They are prepared to pay him substantially more than what he is being paid at the moment and guarantee he will play in his preferred position of hooker.

Maddragon99

Juniors
If McInnes can pick up a big juicy contract with the Tigers or whoever then I wish him all the best & thank him for his years of loyal service. Credit where it’s due he was a good Millward signing at the time. BUT Hunt is on the books for another 3 seasons so surely everyone can understand why the club hasn’t put a
$600k contract to him. McInnes for 3yrs is $1.8M is expensive compared to McCulloughi $800K over 2yrs. Gives us more free money for Angus Crichton.

BLM01

First Grade

To the contrary of what you have said
Griffin has said on record that he’s had several good conversations with Cam (no detail of course)
Could if been about the weather!
So the hardly talking bit you have made up doesn’t wash

However you’ve given your reasons and as I’ve said a lot of very big assumptions in there

goldiesaintz

Juniors
"Geez boss, you really are smooth on top.
Have you ever thought about taking up ten-pin bowling?"

98856503-c78d-4031-8049-78aad46b802e-jpeg.45337

Reactions: jak

jak

Bench

So 4 choices for him;

3 choices for Dragons

well put together mate,you sure your not one of those managers your talking about.

Old Timer

Coach
No good of managing a salary cap and filling up the place with people who are already old and will be with you until they're even older.

Nor is it good to manage your salary cap by buying inferior to what you've got regardless of how cheap they are especially in the spine.