What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith and Shaun Berrigan

OVP

Coach
He's done ok, but would someone PLEASE bring back Buderus and Wing. We NEVER ever had to look at the hooker/utility role for many, many years, but im sorry to all you Cam Smith fans .... i DONT see him as a replacement for Buderus EVER, and the same for Berrigan. They are good, but they just dont cut it in probably the most important role of the lot. I think they are both a tad slow, when it comes to dummy half service. Plus far too many mistakes as well. This is one of the most important roles in the team and i have my doubts.

Im NOT saying they're bad at all, its just that they arent quite up there yet. Anyone agree/disagree ?

nqboy

First Grade
Newcastlerabbit said:
Smith plays well under Bellamy at the Storm,maybe it is the dickhead coaching Australia that is the problem.
"This is why I think Ricky Stuart is a great coach." ROFLMAO

Flick the idiot that's doing the tinkering and we'll have a better idea of how good they are.

aussies1st

Staff member
Give Smith more time, hes bearly got 40 minutes of gametime and sometimes hes playing halfback :-s

Perhaps if they gave Smithy a full game to show himself then he might be able to put his mark on a game...Ricky has no idea !!.

JJ

Immortal
Smith's been ok - I don't know that the problem is at hooker...

The forwards have been outplayed for the most part...

Smith is an 80 minute hooker and that is what makes him the player he is, he's not an impact player like Stuart is trying to play him. He has no idea. I couldn't work out for the life of me why he shuffled Hornby to fullback, Smith to Half and everything else when Gasnier went off. Surely, you just shift Berrigan to centre, bring your best hooker on and be done with it. He really is clueless

Pierced Soul

First Grade
the prob is that both players seem unsure what their role is in the team. this comes down to the coaching. when smith plays at the storm he excels, when berro has played at 9 with the broncs he's excelled.

you also have to remember these players are both inexperienced playing rep footy in this positiion, buderus has been there for ages and had time to settle in and work out what he wants to do.

panthersballboy

Juniors
I think farrah would have been a better choice if they wanted an impact hooker. The way Smith is playing makes Corey Hughes look good.

panthersballboy

Juniors
Priddo would have been a good choice if they wanted someone to play the full 80. But the way Farrah plays, he would be dynamic out of dummy half for a 20 or so minute spell.

Both should be given another crack

Cam Smith - Dally M player of the year, a decision which met with no argument that I saw.

Berrigan was great in the finals series, and the Clive Churchill medallist.

That's pretty damn good form for both ponies if you ask me.Its not the these players that are the problem, the problem lies elsewhere.....

Stranger

Coach
If they wanted to use the hooker rotation they need Farah on the bench and smith starting.

The hooker swap for the sake of a hooker swap is just rubbish.

Give Smith a shot boot Berrigan. They really need an IMPACT player off the bench.

steaming stormer said:
Smith is an 80 minute hooker and that is what makes him the player he is, he's not an impact player like Stuart is trying to play him. He has no idea. I couldn't work out for the life of me why he shuffled Hornby to fullback, Smith to Half and everything else when Gasnier went off. Surely, you just shift Berrigan to centre, bring your best hooker on and be done with it. He really is clueless

Agree...Smith needs some game time to stamp his mark...leave him on the park the whole game.;-)

Big Pete

Referee
The thing is their using Berrigan all wrong.

Watch how he was used in Origin to realise how good Berrigan is off the bench. He should come into second row and be taking some quick scoots to gain momentum for his team, it worked quite well as I said in the Origin series.

Smith has to play the full 80, he in no way has any impact coming from the bench.

Sanchez

Coach
even a 10-15 break would still be enough time for smith with berrigan filling in then dropping into a floating role