What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campese for Blues five-eigth

KumulRaider

Juniors
Now although I am a QLD supporter, we really need a challenge so who out there thinks Campese should be wearing the sky-blue no.6??
and that would be just one of the problems they have..but as a Raiders supporter it would be good to see Campo on the big stage again..

Boganater

Juniors
If some people have 5 sh*t games and still get picked, I don't see why Campo can't have 1 quiet game and not get another crack.

perverse

Referee
he's a better option than Lyon, and most other candidates, and i'm one of his biggest critics. i'd have Barrett there before Campese, a proven origin performer hitting some form.

actually i'd probably give Soward a crack before Campese, too, defensive deficiencies and all.

raider_mike

Juniors
trying not to look through my green goggles for a minute..

I would of really liked it if nsw stuck by him for a series or two... worst case scenario we lose the series and this one? hello where are we now?

best case well we may have been in with a shot this year and you've got one half of your halves problem sorted for 5 or so years?

Being from QLD and being a blues supporter isn't easy. I always barracked for nsw as a youngster due to QLD's habit of picking players I disliked.

guess what? now nsw are doing it haha... i cant be a turncoat twice... can I?!

KumulRaider

Juniors
he's a better option than Lyon, and most other candidates, and i'm one of his biggest critics. i'd have Barrett there before Campese, a proven origin performer hitting some form.

actually i'd probably give Soward a crack before Campese, too, defensive deficiencies and all.

Yes he definitely is a better option than Lyon there and most others, Barrett is finding form but they also need to look at the future..but if Pearce is in the 7 well then thats half of the problem solved but Barrett will most likely retire after this year....this has been noted in other similar posts...

Without giving all the reasons Id have in order of preference Campo, Sutton, then Soward..jut favour Sutton over Soward..

perverse

Referee
Yes he definitely is a better option than Lyon there and most others, Barrett is finding form but they also need to look at the future..but if Pearce is in the 7 well then thats half of the problem solved but Barrett will most likely retire after this year....this has been noted in other similar posts...

Without giving all the reasons Id have in order of preference Campo, Sutton, then Soward..jut favour Sutton over Soward..
certainly don't disagree with the bolded part... they've more or less already titted this series up...

as i've outlined in the Mitchell Pearce thread... i don't really care who anymore as much as i care about picking a team for the future and sticking to it properly. in a perfect world changes should only be made to an origin team when a bloke is absolutely screaming his lungs out and bashing the door down for selection or through injury/retirement. Campese is as good, or near enough to any other option we have at the moment.

Vic Mackey

Referee
if every 5/8 nsw has played to their best, campese would be the best of them.

put him around some good outside backs and he is by far our best option.

Latest posts