What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can gb win the tri nations?

WJ

Juniors
so they finished top of the group, beat the kiwis twice and aus once without even a propar halfback, pretty good going if you ask me.

Imagine what we could do with a propar halfback....

WJ said:
so they finished top of the group, beat the kiwis twice and aus once without even a propar halfback, pretty good going if you ask me.

Imagine what we could do with a propar halfback....

Considering the ridiculous schedual in place last year, the fact it was played at home, the fact that the RFL insisted on below par officials up untill the final and the fact that NZ had to many injury problems to cop with.......

Last years Tri Series was as far from an achievement as you will ever find for GB. If anything it shows that GB wilol never beat Australia in a series. The two Rugby codes will merge before that happens.

carlnz

Bench
Both New Zealand and GB are catching up, however Australia will win this year and most likely next year too. I think more competitive games will be played this year.

The true test is how the Kiwis and GB go in Australia, Australia are one tough nut to crack their. However in saying this, GB and NZ are starting to catch up in the developing area that Aussie are light years ahead in..

Thats great....bothy are catching up. :roll:

Ive heard the same **** every year Ive been alive.

The fact is, in the UK Super League has been over taken by Rugby Union....and in New Zealand their top players achieve in spite of the garbage that is the NZRL and their development systems.

WJ

Juniors
but gb had to play 5 games on the trot while kiwis ans convicts got breaks so that was a disadvantage for gb.

The 2 codes will never merge you moron, you are just in denial that gb will one day beat you in a series, as will the kiwis.

WJ

Juniors
nospam49 you are a skidmark on the underpants of society.

People like you need to be put to sleep........with a flamethrower.

Ohhh.....five games in a row at home.....no wonder they got thrashed in the final.

Your the type of GB fan that was over the moon and celebrating this farce:

http://nospam49.iirl.net/images/Andy_Farrell_3.jpg

As for the codes merging....it WILL happen one day. Money will see to it.

WJ said:
nospam49 you are a skidmark on the underpants of society.

People like you need to be put to sleep........with a flamethrower.

I got him so worked up he tosses in another reply........he must have needed a few minutes to think something up! :lol:

Copa said:
Are you winding up the poms again LF?

No...they wind themselves up.

They dont win for 30 years.....30 years....their team gets worse and worse......I point that out, and they go nuts.

Im used to it by now.

griff

Bench
GB could win, they would have beaten Australia in the first game as well if they had had a warm up game.

But just as likely GB could come last, and the final would be Aus v NZ in Leeds, hard to get excited about that.

coldhardbitch

Juniors
I think this WILL be ther year of the Lions. For the first time in along time they have depth. They have confidence, and to GB this is bigger than super league and the challenge cup. They will be fired up.

The schedulling will be important too. They face the kiwis first, before playing the Roos. A match against NZ in London, if they win, they will be riging high, and match fit against Aus.

They will go north with a game under thir belt, hopefully get over the roos. Their injuries are minimal as well, with lots of top-class players fit.

They will have 3 choice fullbacks (wellens, radlinski, and mathers), 5 wingers (gardner, carney, calderwood, reardon, raynor), World class Centres (Gleeson, Senior), the halves have many contenders (Long, Sinfield, McGuire, Burrow, Horne, Robinson, Higham), 3 Props (Morley, Fielden, Bailey), 2nd Rowers (Ellis, Ward, Peacock), 2 Locks (Cooke, Sculthorpe), and 4 awesoem hookers (Cunningham, Newton, Alker and Diskin).

They have a quality team, and are bloody awesome. they will carry the passion, and will stamp their authority on the Tri-Nations and re-vitalise international league.

Im sorry but you are kidding yoruself if you believe that.

First of all, GB has ZERO confidence. Lose for 30 years and any side would have ZERO confidence.

Depth? Just because you can name a replacement doesnt mean you have depth at Test level.

You are struggling to name a halfback who hasnt failed time and time again at Test level. As it stands....your standoff will probably be a lock.

At fullback you have a a guy that failed for a decade, a guy that failed last year, and a kid thats never played above SL level and who looks like he was on a form burst rather then being a quality player.

On the wing you have nothing. Nothing at all.

In the centers you have one guy that is the most over rated player in the UK, and another who is only in the Test side because of a form burst two years ago that has left him, and the fact that no one else is good enough to form their way into the side.

Your forward pack is soft, stupid, lacks toughness and fitness.

Your coach is one of the worst coaches in the professional game.

Put simply, every point you put up was 100% wrong.

And before anyway starts to whinge....take a look at the results on the scoreboard. They back up everything Ive said.

carlnz

Bench
I agree with most things you said LF though I thought wellens was one of the players of the Tri Nations...i think it will be a GB and Aus final again and hopefuly they would have learnt their lesson..who knows though