What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can hayne b future 5/8

Stagger eel

Staff member
Freak2 said:
Oh please give this kid a break. He is having a good 1st year in the NRL. FULLSTOP.

Leave him alone.

By the way I thought Delaney was super at fullback late last year when Reddy got injured. He is a must resign for me!! His year his year is improving with every match. Maybe looking for the extra coin to be offfered but I don't care he has game IMO.

tbh, I can't remember Delaney ever playing a premier league game at full back.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Delaney used to be a winger, but for some reason he's lost a bit of pace since last year, I remember last year's semi final he outpaced Nathan Merritt.

Kornstar

Coach
Delaney definately played no fullback, he may have filled in for part of a game if Reddy got injured during a game but never actually was named there, i saw a large majority of the P/L games last year and all the finals and Delaney certainly was not playing fullback when i was watching

Freak2

Juniors
Guy's I could be wrong. I can recall a game at Homebush where I thought he was playing fullback and he scored a length of the field try from his own ingoal.

He was super last year (consistantly our best prems player) and I think he does have the speed but with increase in size has and will continue to lose a little bit of it. He has deceiving speed IMO.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Freak2 said:
Guy's I could be wrong. I can recall a game at Homebush where I thought he was playing fullback and he scored a length of the field try from his own ingoal.

He was super last year (consistantly our best prems player) and I think he does have the speed but with increase in size has and will continue to lose a little bit of it. He has deceiving speed IMO.

if your talking about the semi final against Newtown, he fielded a kick in the ingoal ran 40 metres down the field before he was caught from behind than out of dummy half John Williams picked up the ball and ran the 60 metres to score a try..

probably the try pf the year in PL we were under the pump at that stage and from memory Newtown had repeat sets of six.

I'm pretty dure Joel was playing that game.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Phillips said:
what is the obsession with playing talented fullbacks/wingers/centres at five-eighth

ask Nathan Brown.

I'd say it's because there's a shortage of taleneted five-eights going around.

Freak2

Juniors
eelavation said:
if your talking about the semi final against Newtown, he fielded a kick in the ingoal ran 40 metres down the field before he was caught from behind than out of dummy half John Williams picked up the ball and ran the 60 metres to score a try..

probably the try pf the year in PL we were under the pump at that stage and from memory Newtown had repeat sets of six.

I'm pretty dure Joel was playing that game.

Yes,

That sounds familiar, I thought it was the semi.

Was he not playing fullback in that game?

Bigfella

Coach
Judging by our recruitment so far, Jarrod will NOT be considered as a 5/8.

He will be too busy playing prop.

yy_cheng

Coach
Actually, he hits the line quite hard when we are running out from our goal line. He is of slight frame and I hope he doesn't get injured.

Just thinking about slight frame, who is/was slighter, hodgo, hayne or delroy

Latest posts