What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can the raiders beat the sharks

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
the sharks hold an intimidating record at shark park. the last start visitors there were st george, who were demolished 40-4 on the back of some of the finest rugby league i have seen.

personally raiders i think have been struggling besides 1 performance vs newcastle. i think theyll try hard but at the cauldron of shark park this would be one of the clubs biggest ever wins if they could pull this off. not many teams can come to the cauldron and walk away with the 2 points.

sharks also have the 2nd best (if not the best) defence in the nrl, so with the raiders lack of attacking options i dont see them burrowing through the new style ricky has employed.

my tip is sharks 24-6, but goodluck still

always a raider

Juniors
Thanks for your insight! Raiders have plenty of attacking options, 4th best attack in the NRL I beleive. The short turn around and the weather is the only worry.

Raider Ultra

Bench
Yeh, hope it doesn't rain. Not much of a cauldron, how many did you lose in a row there lat year? In saying this, I think we will notch up a comfortable defeat. Will be glad to be proven wrong.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Shark Park the Cauldron? Nah that would be Lang Park mate.

We won our last game there and we have a better team now so yeah I think we can pull a win. Hopefully the boys learnt about complacency from the Eels match and will be ready for a big one.

Macko8

Juniors
Exphaha cauldron aye???
Somehow i think your bullsh*tting us raiders fans.

Lack of attack my arse, we have better attacking options than "old boy" kimmorley and lesbian dykes can dish up, that is forshore.
I think it will be a close game but the raiders will come out on top and win no more than 13 points i believe.

Expect our big men to really give it to the sharks pack and that will allow for our little men and outside backs to be really on top of there game.

SOULS 04

Juniors
yeh i dont think we will win... the sharks lost a close one in golden point last week and ricky will have em fired up and mistake free this week.

i dont think the home ground will hurt our chances though... i think more the quick turn around after monday and alot of players still recovering from injury.

Lime_Green

Juniors
This is the first away match that the Raiders will be playing in the dry, so the completion rates should be up at least.

It'll come down to the respective forward packs I think. I have a feeling the Sharks are going to run over the top of us, but we shall see.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Dobbo in, Graham in, TLL a week better off, Carney firing... If only we had Nev...

looks like a good clear day, which means a dry track... sharkies have struggled at Shark park recently and have always struggled with a Dykes and Kimmorley halves combination

I dont think we'll win, but it wouldnt surprise me, i recon we're gonna put in a good effort

ill say it again, but if we can complete 75-80% of our sets, we'll win. We will not lose a game all year with 75-80%+ completions, our pack and halves are too strong. And our backs do the job

Macko8

Juniors
Lime_Green said:
This is the first away match that the Raiders will be playing in the dry, so the completion rates should be up at least.

It'll come down to the respective forward packs I think. I have a feeling the Sharks are going to run over the top of us, but we shall see.

I tend to disagree.
I really find that hard to believe

with big fellas like TLL,Logan,Tilse,Thommo and Thurling the sharks pack are big yeah,but there not that big, we have big forwards as well.

It will come down to the forwards yes, but under no circumstances will this raiders pack be ran over by those fairy forwards from cronulla.

dmickey07

Juniors
i think theyll try hard but at the cauldron of shark park this would be one of the clubs biggest ever wins if they could pull this off. not many teams can come to the cauldron and walk away with the 2 points.

Mate dont flatter yourself (or your team), the sharks really arent THAT good. What are you basing that on? 2/3 this year? the raiders have done the exact same thing this year. the sharks lost their last 5 games of the year at home in 2006. mate, you need more than that to brand a ground a "graveyard". Olympic Park, now THAT is a graveyard.
regardles of that i think its 50/50 but i think we can pull it off.

dubby

Bench
WIll be a closer game than most think. The Sharks had no Ricky for the week and have only beaten some mediocere opposition themselves.

The 2 worst games of the year I have seen (from a football techinique) are Sharks vs Panthers and Sharks vs Tigers. (YOu can add Bulldogs vs Titans)

The Sharks were kept alive last week by a penalty try and a jittery Tigers attack that lacks some serious spark. Both teams are not world class but I think the Raiders better defend well around the rucks and control the ball or the Sharks will walk away with this one.

GO YOU RAIDERS!

bluey

Bench
dubby said:
WIll be a closer game than most think. The Sharks had no Ricky for the week and have only beaten some mediocere opposition themselves.

The 2 worst games of the year I have seen (from a football techinique) are Sharks vs Panthers and Sharks vs Tigers. (YOu can add Bulldogs vs Titans)

The Sharks were kept alive last week by a penalty try and a jittery Tigers attack that lacks some serious spark. Both teams are not world class but I think the Raiders better defend well around the rucks and control the ball or the Sharks will walk away with this one.

GO YOU RAIDERS!

I hate it when you are right, Good luck
GO YOU SHARKIES

legend

Coach
It's all over. Canberr sh*t themselves again away from home with another spineless display to gift an easy win to the Sharks.

Pathetic "performance".

legend

Coach
Ben Jones sucks! He has given up two possessions in a row through sheer stupidity.

Whan an embarrassing display.

PRKLCD

Juniors
legend said:
Ben Jones sucks! He has given up two possessions in a row through sheer stupidity.

Whan an embarrassing display.

Add Withers to that list - he is a useless prick.

This is just Embrassing

aussies1st

Staff member
Jones definitely stood out as crap straight from the first set where he put a kick in. Tom LL was good but handling was a bit of let down but whole team had that problem.
How hard can it be to get off the player. You would think 2 weeks of piss poor handling is enough to get the team into shape but no they put in yet another poor display of handling.