What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the Roosters recover?

gregstar

Referee
rooster fans - it would appear that you are about to see what both your players & especially your coach are made of! i can speak from experience regarding the pain and i hope your club fares better than mine after a similar dissapointment. at least you have tasted a success that i'm waiting for! maybe next year! good luck for 2005! (enjoy firman)

Wobbygong

First Grade
History shows teams that have been runners up in two sucessive Grand finals are destined for a slide............................

If you don't believe me, check the history books :D

gregstar

Referee
History shows teams that have been runners up in two sucessive Grand finals are destined for a slide............................

If you don't believe me, check the history books
realise that wobby but stuart is a good coach! it's a great test for the club!

i think the injection of new players and a change to the way they play will do wonders for another crack at the premiership.

One thing they need to do is for the forwards to develop their offloads and to improve the supporting the ball carrier and to improve their attack and attacking options especially in the opponents 30.

they will need to utilise the speed in the backline as well as improving their kicking game.

lots to work on during the off season with opportunities for several premier league players to be promoted

gregstar

Referee
One thing they need to do is for the forwards to develop their offloads and to improve the supporting the ball carrier and to improve their attack and attacking options especially in the opponents 30.
bingo! thats where the dogs are so dangerous - every forward can hurt you with an offload as well as make yards!

STSAE

Juniors
Wobbygong said:

History also showed you needed to lose 1 to win 1. The last 2 years have blown that theory out of the water.

I will put my faith in Ricky. He was mentally one of the toughest players of all time. If it can be done Rick will find a way.

tigpie cam

Juniors
STSAE said:
Wobbygong said:

History also showed you needed to lose 1 to win 1. The last 2 years have blown that theory out of the water.

I will put my faith in Ricky. He was mentally one of the toughest players of all time. If it can be done Rick will find a way.

history shows that if the bulldogs were not caught doing what you guys do so well that you would have lost all 4.........NO TICKER!!! LONG WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR BOYS. Suck shit! im gonna support the roosters till the GF so that i can see the pain on your jokers faces again,love it.

geez im in a good mood since the GF!!!

Broncodroid

Juniors
Can they recover ? I am not sure they need too recover more 'Can they improve ?' for mine. We are talking about the minor premiers who have appeared in 4 of the last 5 GF's only taking home the title in 2002. They 'recovered' from the dissapointment of 2003 failing to beat Penrith, I see no reason why the can't 'recover' and 'improve' on this season after failing to beat Canterbury.

Why ?

- The signing of Monoghan is an improvement over Hodges who was a liability.

- The signing of Roberts give the Roosters another home run threat with Mini and Walker.

- The signing of Brett Firman and how he performs in the 6 or 7 will go along way to this 'improvement'.

- The forward pack is STILL intact and any League fan knows forwards are the key ingredient in winning premierships.

I am not saying Fittler will be replaced, there is no doubt that won't happen, but the improvements out wide plus juniors like Pee Wee, Soward, Millington etc coming through offers plenty of promise.

You have inspirational leaders in Ricketson, Morley, Fitzgibbon and Wing with the X-Factor being IMO the best coach in the NRL today outside of Wayne Bennett (do not turn this into a Bris v Syd City thing).

Next season's major hurdle will be mentally more than anything, the main question being "Can we win without Freddie ?". I personally feel they can and will go close. It will be a tough slog but I do not envision the side coming back to the majority of teams chasing outside of Canterbury.

St Bondi

Juniors
This should have been the year of the Chook. The fact that it was Freddies last game should have been worth a 6 to 8 point lead before the game even started.

I might be eating my words this time next year but I reckon the Chooks are going to struggle without the "greatest" player the modern game has seen. His presence was inspirational and he cannot be replaced in a season or two.

Can those that remain fill the void? Me thinks not.

OVP

Coach
tigpie cam said:
STSAE said:
Wobbygong said:

history shows that if the bulldogs were not caught doing what you guys do so well that you would have lost all 4.........NO TICKER!!! LONG WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR BOYS. Suck sh*t! im gonna support the roosters till the GF so that i can see the pain on your jokers faces again,love it.

have you ever considered self-drowning ?

tigpie cam said:
history shows that if the bulldogs were not caught doing what you guys do so well that you would have lost all 4.........NO TICKER!!! LONG WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR BOYS. Suck sh*t! im gonna support the roosters till the GF so that i can see the pain on your jokers faces again,love it.

gee it must be sad to be so bitter..... :(

Its alright we all feel for someone that doesn't have a fair dinkum team of their own, one that had to rely on someone else to keep them afloat.

you may jump on our bandwagon tigpie, because that sounds about all you are capable of.

Your bitterness is alarming and if I were you I would seek proffesional help to get you through the long months that are ahead, the time that your rooster bashing wont be effective.

Oh and one last thing
I hope you can grow some pretty thick skin, because even as a bandwagon jumper you will need it... ;-)

That is something that us Roosters have, thick skin and hardened hearts.

Have a nice day.......come again :D

Generalzod

Immortal
STSAE said:
Wobbygong said:

Ricky has found a way to loose 2 grand Finals, Rooster supporters should put there faith in Jesus.....
2002 claytons premiers...

tigpie cam

Juniors
blah,blah
im a looney
am bitter
and its all im capable of.
i dont give a toss,you lost and are reaping what you sow,maybe not as supporters but as a club,you suck and about 95% agree.
i just post it on here to give you guys some stick,cos,you suck,you lost,eat it boys n crying lil girls

Broncodroid

Juniors
tigpie cam said:
blah,blah
im a looney
am bitter
and its all im capable of.
i dont give a toss,you lost and are reaping what you sow,maybe not as supporters but as a club,you suck and about 95% agree.
i just post it on here to give you guys some stick,cos,you suck,you lost,eat it boys n crying lil girls

:idea: [The next time I post something of similar nature to the above BS, I may think about translating for all so I can at least have my point read without being laughed at]

Tigpie cam...you make me laugh. Here you are, a supporter of an NRL club who in the past 5 years has not made a finals appearance and yet have the audactity to come at the Sydney City Club who apparently "suck" for making their 4th GF appearance in 5 years ?

Yes, they lost 2 GF's in a row, I am certain any NRL fan supporting a mediocre club would envy that record for the simple fact he or she would experience what most "other" fans have experienced since 2000 barring WESTS, Manly and Souths...experiencing FINALS RUGBY LEAGUE and partaking in the celebration other than being a "neutral" fan.

:roll:

give it up Bronco

you may as well ](*,)

if you tied one of tigpies hands behind its back it wouldn't be able to type because its to busy wanking

have a nice day.......come again.... :D

tigpie cam

Juniors
roosterspremiers2002 said:
give it up Bronco

you may as well ](*,)

if you tied one of tigpies hands behind its back it wouldn't be able to type because its to busy wanking

always next year princess

16-13

can you sleep at night yet?? :lol: :lol:

STSAE

Juniors
tigpie cam said:
roosterspremiers2002 said:
give it up Bronco

you may as well ](*,)

always next year princess

16-13

can you sleep at night yet?? :lol: :lol:

Geez you must be tired, when was that last Magpie GF win again??

Yes we do have next year to think about.

What do Wests have again?? Reick?? Bring back Tommy??

Another year making up the numbers??

Enjoy little boy.

:lol: :lol:

I sleep very well thank you very much for asking

gee what a nice little man that tigpie is

fancy him worrying about whether I am sleeping ok.

and to think I thought he was being a right boob before

how could I be so wrong

I hope santa brings you something real nice for being such a good boy.

have a nice day.........come again